Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

mdwexford wrote: »
    Looks like

Selby vs McGill
    Higgins vs Ding
    Allen vs Hawkins

Very happy with that, unless they decide to change who's on what table in which case it'll be Trump and then Murphy in their first round matches which isn't bad either.

Lovely, see some good snooker there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is play finished for the night??

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is play finished for the night??

another session starting at 1900

eeepaulo wrote: »
    another session starting at 1900

Is it televised? Or a Red Button jobbie only?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is it televised? Or a Red Button jobbie only?

Looks like red button. Might be on Eurosport.

EDIT: Listed on Eurosport 2 from 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

I think McGill is overpriced at 4.5 on Paddypower. He played well first round but allowed Maguire to come back in before winning the decider.

And of course there is the 'Crucible Curse' of a first time champ never successfully defending the title.

He plays Selby tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

tinpib wrote: »
    I think McGill is overpriced at 4.5 on Paddypower. He played well first round but allowed Maguire to come back in before winning the decider.

And of course there is the 'Crucible Curse' of a first time champ never successfully defending the title.

He plays Selby tomorrow.

I definitely wouldn't say overpriced.

Selby will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Gotya wrote: »

Selby will win.

Selby will certainly win. I would love to see mc Gill get a bit further in the tournament. He comes across as a decent sorta fella. I just don't think he has the experience to beat Selby.

Selby will certainly win. I would love to see mc Gill get a bit further in the tournament. He comes across as a decent sorta fella. I just don't think he has the experience to beat Selby.

Its good to see him smiling and enjoying it, i like selby but i would like to see mcgill go further. Playing as he is he has a chance, if he makes hard work of getting over the line selby wont hesitiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Selby will win.

McGill done well in the first session anyway tied at 4 frames a piece.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Ding 1 - 2 Higgins

Started off a bit slow but Ding finally gets off the mark in this match.

On other table Murphy making hard work of putting the match away
    9-3 now to murph

Murphy on a 147 Eurosport 2
    9 red, 8 blacks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great clearance by Higgins to go 5-1 up, Ding will have to wake up soon or this could be embarassing.

Looks like Ding back in match and a much needed confidence boost.
    5-3 to commence tomorrow and finish Saturday

Selby will win.

:P

McGill 2.1 now on Paddypower and 7:5 up.

So long as McGill remembers to burn Selby's body before nightfall then he might have a chance of getting over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

McGill 10-6 up going into this evening's final session. Selby will have to dig deep if he is to get through.

Yes, he will, but no better man. McGill wobbled badly close to finishing line against Maguire, will be a fascinating session.

Selby 3.75 on Paddypower now, good value to hedge bets.

Fingers crossed for mc Gill. It will be a big boost to his confidence if he can pull it off.

Let the games begin !!
    Looking forward to this

Mc Gill played some brilliant shots in that frame. Would be suprised if he doesn't get through from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Selby up against it 11-6 down

11-7 now

12-7 Selby is under pressure now!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fair play to McGill, those first 3 pots at the start of this break were brilliant especiallly with Selby making a bit of a comeback.

McGill wins 13-9. The Crucible curse continues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭bren2001

I did not see that coming from McGill. Infact, I backed Selby at the start of the session, feel like a right mug now.

Really pleased mc Gill got through. Mc Gill to win the tournament :)

Piss poor coverage by the BBC as been the current trend of late, breaking coverage of a live game for regular programming is unforgivable. What happened to them, given how infrequent Snooker is on the tv they used to offer much more comprehensive coverage :( Between this & the F1 coverage they've really gone downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Piss poor coverage by the BBC as been the current trend of late, breaking coverage of a live game for regular programming is unforgivable. What happened to them, given how infrequent Snooker is on the tv they used to offer much more comprehensive coverage :( Between this & the F1 coverage they've really gone downhill.

Useless I just switch straight to Eurosport .. They don't care about any live sport on TV anymore barely have any and make a balls of anything they have. 1 hour coverage yesterday evening what really is the point

• Advertisement

Ding wins 13-9

Advertisement