Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Nice story this. Great night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Lucky Jimmy..it must of pulled her with the new hair !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Why the heck is Jimmy sitting down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is there something wrong with Jimmy White that he seems to be the only person in the auditorium not standing? (I am/was a huge JW fan btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Zec

£300,000 ....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bingham is such a character!

Well deserved, Stuart Bingham. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fantastic win by Bingham. Thought his goose was cooked at 15 all but fair play he pulled it out when it mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yah jimmy is sticking out like a sore thumb staying on his hole..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭blackcard

Pure class in defeat by Sauna Murphy, I'll be shouting for him next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

And Mark Allen said he'd no bottle! :D.

He's a gas man...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Zec

Yah jimmy is sticking out like a sore thumb staying on his hole..

Maybe he's a Shaun Murphy fan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with Jimmy White that he seems to be the only person in the auditorium not standing? (I am/was a huge JW fan btw)

Is he thinking I'm JW, and I don't need to stand up? I hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The young lad is playing a competition of his own just trying to stay awake!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The young lad is playing a competition of his own just trying to stay awake!

Who's the little girl? Daughter? Step-daughter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

rodge68 wrote: »
    Lucky Jimmy..it must of pulled her with the new hair !!

Yep her name is Kelly Singh Jimmy's fiancé! Well done Jimmy!
    Fair play to Stuart I was delighted he won it.
    Anyone feel Murphy didn't try that hard in the last frame? Shaun is such a nice guy maybe he didn't try to hard in that last frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

vienne86 wrote: »

Step-daughter I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And Jimmy White is gone.

If there's no good explanation for that behaviour, he's gone down a fair few notches in my estimation.

Well done the new champion, seems to be a genuinely lovely chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Maybe JW is wrecked after a long night with ya one..I would be. Having said that I wouldn't be at the snooker if I had her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Snooker doesn't get the coverage it deserves. If anyone was watching by accident tonight, they're more than likely a fan now. Ridiculous that RTE don't show any of it anymore, and the BBC coverage should be a lot wider.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

And Jimmy White is gone.

If there's no good explanation for that behaviour, he's gone down a fair few notches in my estimation.

Well done the new champion, seems to be a genuinely lovely chap.

JW seemed to be only sitting in the front row for the last couple of frames. Seemed odd.

Anyone feel Murphy didn't try that hard in the last frame? Shaun is such a nice guy maybe he didn't try to hard in that last frame?

Yeah he played a couple of strange shots and he was rubbing his eyes as though he was becoming tired. Could have lost concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

What fact/stat did Murphy come out with after saying Stuart is a bigger nerd than him? Stream skipped through it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

unless he's got some sort of serious injury that he can't stand, he's being a complete d*ck.
    just because he couldn't get the job done himself is no reason to show that level of disrespect.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scudges Da

Step-Daughter I believe......thought it was a little strange he didn't mention her.....

robman60 wrote: »
    What fact/stat did Murphy come out with after saying Stuart is a bigger nerd than him? Stream skipped through it!

I don't think he did come out with anything but I laughed when he said something along the lines of "nobody deserves this any less than Stuart".

Any more maybe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Jimmy was in and out after the interval. He popped out for at least a frame there, and looked a bit bolloxed at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I don't think he said any, I think he lost his stream of thought cos he went on to say that no player deserved it "less" than Bingham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

there wasn't one
    unless he's got some sort of injury that he can't stand, he's being a complete d*ck.
    just because he couldn't get the job done himself is no reason to show that level of disrespect.

weird, he was interviewed by Doherty at the mid-session and kept mentioning he never won it.

Didn't seem bitter about it, just Ken kept asking how would the players be feeling, or what would they be doing, and more than once his answer started "Well, I've never won it so..."

• Advertisement

Step daughter.

Advertisement