Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

any vintage/classic car membership for free

Options
  • 20-04-2015 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

need to join one

can be free
    anywhere in the world
    any make/model of car
    on line

for insurance purposes

would prefer it to be free than paying some annual membership for something I have zero interest in other than to keep the insurance co happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Start your own.

Member No.: 0001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

was thinking that to be honest but im lazy

they just need a screen print out, they said they dont care what country or car it is, just for their paper work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Join a classic car forum and print that membership info?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

Why not join the IVVCC? Its €50, and they are the ones who lobbied to get the vintage tax rate and the ones who organised the ZV plate system.

not a chance I will pay 50e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

There are plenty of insurance companies who will insure you without being a member of a club.

couldnt find any that would ensure me with only the one car unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This club membership for insurance purposes is such a crock. Got an insurer to up a quote for me with and without the club membership. €240 with it, €260 without it. The annual fee for many clubs is €25-€30! :rolleyes:

Advertisement