Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Loughrea

Options
  • 20-04-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

After lots of searching commuter areas for Galway city - have decided on Loughrea - some beautiful areas and house prices are very reasonable. There seems to be quite difference in house prices within certain estates and I would appreciate it if anyone could give me heads up on the following estates (particularly if any have social problems)

Eden Park
    Carraig Mor
    Baunoge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hi curiousity cat

I've lived in Baunoge and it's fine lots of speed bumps on the road up to the estate. Carraig Mor & Eden Park I'm less familiar with but would not say either have much social problems. If you have the opportunity I would visit these areas and speak to prospective neighbours, they'll be the best people to tell you about the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 curiositycat

Thanks Hoody! I have looked at these estates at different times of day, before school/after school etc., but never at night and they all look like nice neighbourhoods. But sometimes 'blow-ins' can miss something the locals have knowledge of so really do appreciate the reply.

Advertisement