Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies mountain bike recommendation? Help?

• 20-04-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hoping some expert can give a bit of advice here. I'm looking to buy my first bike since childhood. In the market for a ladies mountain bike but I don't have a fortune to spend on it and can't afford to pay more than my car tax costs for it. It's not something that will be used daily or even every week, probably 2-4 days per month. Everytime I look at forum opinions on the lower end of the market products they get slated. There must be something out there worth buying for €<250?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Second hand is the way to go for that sort of money. Loads of barely/never used ladies bikes to be found on adverts/donedeal for that sort of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

Second hand is the way to go for that sort of money. Loads of barely/never used ladies bikes to be found on adverts/donedeal for that sort of money.

Second that, you will pick up a Giant or trek bike, use there fitting guides online to give you an idea of size you need. At 250 you will pick up a decent sh bike for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm looking to buy my first bike since childhood. In the market for a ladies mountain bike

What are your plans for this bike? If you're not going to be riding off-road, you don't need a mountain bike. Have a look out for hybrid bikes to start with and later, when you're hooked, you can start shopping for the next bike.

Avoid any suspension. It's only extra weight and something else to go wrong and you don't need it. Suspension only becomes relevant when you go off-road and, even then, you need to spend significant money to get worthwhile suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭EH

This might work for you? Specialized bike, only used once, perfect condition. Looking for €300ish

Advertisement