Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation

Options
  • 20-04-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering how much compensation did people get for land acquisition from the councils/ road authority when they take part of your land. I'd just like to see an example so I could try and work out what % I'd be likely to get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

I got €1.00 compensation and a wall they had to pay me in order to make a contract ,,,,i was made up

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

Lol! Did they take much land from you? I hope it was a nice wall!

scientist wrote: »
    Lol! Did they take much land from you? I hope it was a nice wall!

Ya about half a acre nothin i could do they wouldnt pay anfand i wasnt wasting my time fighting against them ,,,and no the wall is just 6 inch blocks

They took half an acre and gave you a wall and €1 ? Something up with that alright! Did you have a surveyor/financial consultant acting on your behalf?

scientist wrote: »
    They took half an acre and gave you a wall and €1 ? Something up with that alright! Did you have a surveyor/financial consultant acting on your behalf?

Yes they were straightining the road and they concil had no money in there budgit for land purching but had money for road improvments so i consulted with lawers and others and that i would loose if i tried anything ,,iam not to bother that much but you still never know what they will do and if i am ever lookin for planning permission or any of me family is on some of my land i know how petty the council would hold it against you inthe future a bunch of overpaid Idots who havnyhavnt a clue
    theythe worst thhng is the has being more accidents on this conor since they straightened it ,,the used a very small chip in the tar and it is always slippy when damp

• Advertisement

That's awful! Seriously, you should have gotten a fair bit for that. It was your right. The courts know the law and you would have been awarded something but I know! The hassle, and the cost etc. just not fair.

Advertisement