Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

verified by Visa issue

Options
  • 20-04-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I've just been onto the bank of Ireland verified by Visa helpline three times this evening trying to reset my password. They could not reset my password.

I've been told by an agent that a number of customers have called this evening with the exact same problem and it appears to be a wider boi issue.

I was told they did not have the ability to help further by escalating the issue tonight, but that I can expect a phone call from a team lead tomorrow.

Is it normal that issues affecting multiple customers at the same time cannot be escalated until the next day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi todders,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear you were unable to resolve this on the phone.

If you have not yet received a call back from a representative please let us know and we can arrange a call back for you. If you do need a call back please send us a private message here including your name, phone number and your account holding branch.

To send a private message please click in the link in my signature below.
    Thanks again,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

Hi todders,

If you have not yet received a call back from a representative please let us know and we can arrange a call back for you. If you do need a call back please send us a private message here including your name, phone number and your account holding branch.

Thanks again,

Tara C

Hi Tara,Is it normal that issues affecting multiple customers at the same time cannot be escalated until the next day?

todders wrote: »
    Hi todders,

Thanks again,

Tara C

Hi Tara,Is it normal that issues affecting multiple customers at the same time cannot be escalated until the next day?
    Hi todders,

At times some queries may require further escalation and it may not be possible to resolve immediately at the time of the call.

We would really like to help with this, if you’d like a call back please let us know.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Tara C 

Hi todders,

At times some queries may require further escalation and it may not be possible to resolve immediately at the time of the call.

We would really like to help with this, if you’d like a call back please let us know.

Tara C 

Hi Tara

I was told last night on the phone repeatedly that they had no one on shift or on call to escalate this issue to.

I don't see the point of receiving a phone call for a "team lead" 24 hours when they should have been escalating the issue to a technical team

Is that normal for an issue affecting multiple people which was confirmed by boi themselves?

Hi todders,

Tara C 

Hi Tara

I was told last night on the phone repeatedly that they had no one on shift or on call to escalate this issue to.

I don't see the point of receiving a phone call for a "team lead" 24 hours when they should have been escalating the issue to a technical team

Is that normal for an issue affecting multiple people which was confirmed by boi themselves?
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi todders, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We would like to look into how the call was handled last night. If you could please send us a Private message with the approx time of the call, the phone number you called us on, your full name and account holding branch? [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Could you a[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]lso include the Bank of Ireland contact number you dialled?[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please see below under my signature to send a Private message, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Tara C [/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We would like to look into how the call was handled last night. If you could please send us a Private message with the approx time of the call, the phone number you called us on, your full name and account holding branch? [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Could you a[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]lso include the Bank of Ireland contact number you dialled?[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please see below under my signature to send a Private message, [/font]

I called three times. I was told there was a larger issue and they received multiple calls from other customers on it but they weren't able to call anyone about it.

The issue is resolved now, but that didn't help me (or others) last night

But can you explain why they weren't able to call anyone to help their customers at the time?

They kept telling me they weren't technical but still they couldn't raise the issue with anyone as no one was available to help at the time.

Why does boi have no one available to help on an issue that is affecting multiple customers?

Customer service 101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

I called three times. I was told there was a larger  issue and they received multiple calls from other customers on it  but they weren't able to call anyone about it.

The issue is resolved now, but that didn't help me (or others) last night

But can you explain why they weren't able to call anyone to help their customers at the time?

They kept telling me they weren't technical but still they couldn't raise the issue with anyone as no one was available to help at the time.

Why does boi have no one available to help on an issue that is affecting multiple customers?

Customer service 101
    Hi todders

We would really like to help you. To do this, we will need you to PM us with the information requested by Tara previously. We'll address and investigate this on your behalf. 

We can then answer your questions in your posts.

Thanks
    Alison

Hi todders

We would really like to help you. To do this, we will need you to PM us with the information requested by Tara previously. We'll address and investigate this on your behalf. 

Thanks
    Alison

What's stopping you from answering my question here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi todders

Thanks
    Alison

What's stopping you from answering my question here?
    Hi Todders, 

To have your query investigated, we will need to send some details for the team to investigate such as time of call, telephone number, etc.  

Thanks

Billy

Hi Todders, 

To have your query investigated, we will need to send some details for the team to investigate such as time of call, telephone number, etc.  

Thanks

Billy

So you don't know that there was an issue that affected multiple customers last night? A little disconcerting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi todders

As a number of Reps have already stated, in order to investigate this we would require the requested details. If you would like to provide these details please send a PM. If not please let us know and we'll close the thread as without this we cannot offer assistance.   
    Thanks
    Alison

Hi todders

As a number of Reps have already stated, in order to investigate this we would require the requested details. If you would like to provide these details please send a PM. If not please let us know and we'll close the thread as without this we cannot offer assistance.   
    Thanks
    Alison

Why exactly do you need those details in order to confirm that boi had an issue that affected me and multiple customers at the same time on Monday evening?

Do you not have the ability to verify this without asking your customers for details?

Advertisement