Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any other solo J1ers? Or sighly older J1ers 25+?

• 20-04-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey lads,
    I'm 27 and didn't do the j1 when I was in college, I'm back at college this year so I've bitten the bullet and I'm off on the 25 May. Never been out of the country by my lonesome before.

I'm wondering if there are any other solo J1ers? It would be nice to chat as I'm sure we have some of the same worries and fears.

Would love to hear from anyone who a bit older too or looking for an 'alternative' experience. I think I'm gone past living in a frat and drinking every night. So I'm approaching it a bit different. Wouldn't mind living alone for example and want to do some different things with the dosh I'll save not drinking a lot.

Anyway. Feel free to chime in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm not but I just wanted to say best of luck! I really regret not having done something like that while I was in college. Well done to you and fair dues for coming at it with a different viewpoint than the usual "gonna get drunk every night in the frat house" kinda style.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jjnaas

Fabio wrote: »
    I'm not but I just wanted to say best of luck! I really regret not having done something like that while I was in college. Well done to you and fair dues for coming at it with a different viewpoint than the usual "gonna get drunk every night in the frat house" kinda style.

Thanks Fabio. When you think about it it's a golden opportunity. Bit more planning involved doing it my way but sure it will be worth it in the end I hope!

Advertisement