Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 not arming.

Options
  • 20-04-2015 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

I try to arm my alarm when it starts helping and shows the message "leaving now" it just keeps beeping but never arms. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Galego wrote: »
    I try to arm my alarm when it starts helping and shows the message "leaving now" it just keeps beeping but never arms. Any ideas?

With the front door closed can you press the down arrow on the keypad twice and see what comes up on the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

altor wrote: »
    With the front door closed can you press the down arrow on the keypad twice and see what comes up on the keypad.

Shows the message "all closed".

Shows the message "all closed".

Ok, you need to down power the system. Turn off the mains first, open the control panel and remove the battery link. On the 350 the battery can be loose so just be careful it does not fall on on you. Wait 20 seconds and reconnect the battery and close up. Your user code will stop the alarm ringing when you reconnect the battery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What happens if you press 0 arrow down 5?

KoolKid wrote: »
    What happens if you press 0 arrow down 5?

It says now "System armed". Why would it not arm itself from the menu as i was using before?

• Advertisement

Ok, you need to down power the system. Turn off the mains first, open the control panel and remove the battery link. On the 350 the battery can be loose so just be careful it does not fall on on you. Wait 20 seconds and reconnect the battery and close up. Your user code will stop the alarm ringing when you reconnect the battery.

Thanks Altor.

Will give this a go tomorrow so I don't weak people up tonight. 😀

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It says now "System armed". Why would it not arm itself from the menu as i was using before?

And if you enter 0 arrow down 4 does the timer run down & set or does the buzzer still continue.

Thanks Altor.

Will give this a go tomorrow so I don't weak people up tonight. 😀

Have come across it a good few times on the CS350.
    Usually the front door open will allow the timer to start but it not closing will just let the system continue to beep if the issue is the sensor on the front door but since that was closed in the down arrow test that seems fine.
    Down powering and powering back up worked to solve the issue.
    I would wait till tomorrow as the external bell will ring while doing this.

And if you enter 0 arrow down 4 does the timer run down & set or does the buzzer still continue.

It says "leave now" and buzzer stills continues no stop for minutes....

What is the different between 0 arrow down 5 and 0 arrow down 4?

It says "leave now" and buzzer stills continues no stop for minutes....

What is the different between 0 arrow down 5 and 0 arrow down 4?

One is an full set with no timer and the other is a full set again with the timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

If you enter 0¥5 and arm your system

Does your buzzer start when you open the front door ?

Altor,
    Bingo!!! Sorted doing the above.

Another question.
    I am replacing the garage door with a window. There is currently a magnet sensor. Would you rather replace this with a window glass break shock sensor?

If it is a solid garage door or an up & over door a contact would be fine.
    If its wooden doors with glass or panels then use inertia shock sensor(s) as well.

If it is a solid garage door or an up & over door a contact would be fine.
    If its wooden doors with glass or panels then use inertia shock sensor(s) as well.

I am removing a solid garage door for a standard glass window. I am converting the garage into a playing room.

Can I just replace the aritech contact with any brand inertia shock sensor? Or it needs to be an aritech one.

Altor,
    Bingo!!! Sorted doing the above.

Another question.
    I am replacing the garage door with a window. There is currently a magnet sensor. Would you rather replace this with a window glass break shock sensor?

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted :)

A contact on a window is not ideal n its own as a would be intruder could just remove the glass to gain entry without opening the window.
    You can use a shock sensor in series with the contact to cover this on the new window.

I am removing a solid garage door for a standard glass window. I am converting the garage into a playing room.

Can I just replace the aritech contact with any brand inertia shock sensor? Or it needs to be an aritech one.

Yes, any global sensor can be used on the CS350.

In that case you can use any global inertia sensors and contacts to protect all of it against opening/ forced entry.

Advertisement