Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEOGRAPHICAL INVESTIGATION WORD COUNT

• 20-04-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys , wondering anyone out there actually knows if the word count actually matters for the GI? i've just written mine into my booklet and it's about 1050 word long ? i this ok , will i be penalized ?? PLEASE HELP MY TEACHER IS AWFUL !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Hi guys , wondering anyone out there actually knows if the word count actually matters for the GI? i've just written mine into my booklet and it's about 1050 word long ? i this ok , will i be penalized ?? PLEASE HELP MY TEACHER IS AWFUL !

That's grand lol mine totaled 1739 another girl in my year has tiny writing and wrote over 2500!!! But seriously it's fine (so my teacher says anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

That's grand lol mine totaled 1739 another girl in my year has tiny writing and wrote over 2500!!! But seriously it's fine (so my teacher says anyway)

Do small words like i, a and he etc count as 1 word?

Also what about like points
    1) meander flow
    Does that count as 2 words or just 3 including numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Do small words like i, a and he etc count as 1 word?

Also what about like points
    1) meander flow
    Does that count as 2 words or just 3 including numbers?

Every word that stands by itself would be counted individually, so the examples you gave would each count as one word. And I'm not positive but I would say that numbers aren't included.
    But as the previous poster said, the word count doesn't matter too much - it's just to prevent examiners having to correct submissions containing dozens of pages with irrelevant information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

You will lose marks for going over the word count but at most, it will only be 2 or 3 marks. If you want to be sneaky, write a different figure for the word count. Whoever is correcting it will have a stack of 300 papers. They're not going to go counting every individual word.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

The word limit is supposed to be 1000... so anywhere from 900-1100 should be fine... Even if you go into the 1500's, just put 1060 or something down.
    Also no one's gonna count word by word, likely they'll get the average words per line and just multiply it by the total lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement