Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl W5... stuff

• 21-04-2015 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭

I see Lidl are selling some lube and cleaner still at the moment. I realize this can get a bit theological, but... any of it usable near a bike? I'm thinking in particular of their chain cleaner, and their general spray-on lube.

I'm thinking the latter might be OK on stuff safely away from the drive train. Sticking calipers and levers, and so on. If not, there's always saving it for a squeaking door.

The de-greaser I'm in even more minds about. Is adding a light solvent to the chain a good idea at all? Or is it just washing the dirt from the outside of the chain to the inside? And if so, is this a reasonable one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

is any of it branded Muc-Off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Lemming wrote: »
    is any of it branded Muc-Off?

Nope, all of it was W5 brand (which seems to be an assortment of car, bike, and household cleaning stuff). One of the other products did seem to some sort of detergent-type cleaner that Muc-off sell, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Aldi have been selling Muc-off stuff fairly cheap the last couple of weeks. Also, Tesco (if you've got one of the 'extra' ones near you) stock some as well. Not too bad on price albeit not as cheap as what's left of Aldi's specials stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

€1.49 in dealz (£1 in poundland across the border). Works like a dream.

product_1038.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

€1.49 in dealz (£1 in poundland across the border). Works like a dream.

product_1038.jpg

+1

Sprayed the son's MTB with it a while back and the crud just fell off. Just make sure to rinse it off afterwards as it's pretty corrosive if left on for any length of time. Can't be beat for €1.49

• Advertisement
Advertisement