Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin and Cork Graded Meets 2015 Discussion thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

28064212 wrote: »
    My first meet tomorrow. Might be a tad optimistic, but I've gone for the 400m/1500m double. A definite step into the unknown having never set foot on a track before, so "not dead-last" is pretty much the only target.
    Mission... failed :o At least, in the 400m. Not embarrassingly-still-running-when-the-next-heat-starts last, but definitely last. A learning experience for sure, very different to what I expected. 1500m went better, stayed in touch with the leading group for the first lap, lost them in the second, and finished strongly enough.

And now the anxious wait for results :) Thanks to Chivito and RayCun for their advice

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Had a glance through the results while I was there this evening. One lad, no idea who he is, ran 60.00. Harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

28064212 wrote: »
    Mission... failed :o At least, in the 400m. Not embarrassingly-still-running-when-the-next-heat-starts last, but definitely last. A learning experience for sure, very different to what I expected. 1500m went better, stayed in touch with the leading group for the first lap, lost them in the second, and finished strongly enough.

And now the anxious wait for results :) Thanks to Chivito and RayCun for their advice

I done my first 400(and 100, 200) this summer, it was a absolute shock to the system! At the second bend my legs went to jelly like I'd never felt before, was lucky to finish! It seems it's not as easy to run a lap all out as you might think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Had a quick chat to the organisers when I was signing in, the A race was being graded on times, so at least they took on board the feedback from the previous meet. Still plenty of room for improvements. With almost everyone entering online there definitely is scope to pin down the timetable and startlists better, similar to the IMCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Timmaay wrote: »
    Had a quick chat to the organisers when I was signing in, the A race was being graded on times, so at least they took on board the feedback from the previous meet. Still plenty of room for improvements. With almost everyone entering online there definitely is scope to pin down the timetable and startlists better, similar to the IMCs.

Wouldn't give too much credit to the organisers for the seeding, they got athlete's, myself included, to seed it the A races. It certainly made for a better race. What time did you run?

eldiva wrote: »
    Wouldn't give too much credit to the organisers for the seeding, they got athlete's, myself included, to seed it the A races. It certainly made for a better race. What time did you run?

Ha, well in any case it happened at least!! Got on OK, 4.10ish, it's been a long outdoor season for me, and definitely nursing a fair few niggles by now, national seniors and the end of the season can't come quick enough ha, but taking the positives mentally last night I really wasn't feeling the love last 600 but dug deep and finished strong, once I look after myself over the next 3wks a pb at the nationals still on the cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Results posted, and dammit! 65.49 in the 400. Target beforehand was 65. Ah well. Definitely lots of room for improvement, was not prepared physically or mentally. Bit more disappointed with my 1500m time (4:49), was targetting 4:40. Felt during it that I was running well, but was obviously slipping off the pace more than I thought.

800m next up. Should at least be able to add one shorter distance to the 10 round numbers table

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Cork Athletics - John Buckley Sports Graded T&F Leagues, Round 6

The Final Round of this year's Cork Athletics - John Buckley Sports Graded Track and Field Leagues takes place on Wed July 22nd, at 19:45pm.

Events:
    Track: 200m, 800m, 3000m and medley relay
    Field: Long Jump, Hammer, Javelin

Entry is on the night, and €5 covers entry to all events. Guests are very welcome but must be AAI registered , or members of another IAAF member federation

Note to Mods - Apologies - this is a duplicate post - also on A/R Events sub-forum. Not intended so as to abuse forum rules, just to inform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Athletics Louth Junior, Senior and Masters Track and Field. (Drogheda)

6:30 Fit for Life Mile
    7:00 200m
    7:15 1500m
    7:45 400m
    8:00 3000m
    8;30 100m
    8:45 800m
    6:30 Shot Putt
    7:30 Long Jump
    8:00 Javelin

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Athletics Louth Junior, Senior and Masters Track and Field. (Drogheda)

6:30 Fit for Life Mile
    7:00 200m
    7:15 1500m
    7:45 400m
    8:00 3000m
    8;30 100m
    8:45 800m
    6:30 Shot Putt
    7:30 Long Jump
    8:00 Javelin

Pity it's a weekday evening. I'd have headed up to it if it was this weekend.

• Advertisement

Just so you're all aware, the timetable for the last graded meet on Wednesday has been amended. The 800s are now first up, before the 200, to accommodate those who want to run the 800 and DMR.

So, who's competing this Wednesday?

I'm 50/50 to do the 800 on Wednesday. On one hand I'd like to give it a crack as I haven't done a proper outdoor 800 since I moved home from Oz (media races don't really count), and having run faster indoors than I have ever done outdoors it does make me curious what I might run. On the other hand, not sure of the purpose of running one now this close to Nationals, and the 800 is agony if you haven't trained for it, so we'll see.

After saying no for the last 2wks I'm doing my lastminute.com fcukit let's run ha. Total wind down last week, so feeling good now, I tend to run best when I'm fresh, season almost over now anyways so time to throw everything I got at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

€600 for the winners of the DMR should mean a decent entry! Hopefully, the clubs will support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

I can't believe the Dublin Athletic Board didn't have a graded the Wednesday just gone after Nationals. Huge opportunity wasted! They went to 20th August last year but finished on 29th July this year.

I can't believe the Dublin Athletic Board didn't have a graded the Wednesday just gone after Nationals. Huge opportunity wasted! They went to 20th August last year but finished on 29th July this year.

The last graded last year was poorly attended if I recall. Also Nationals were late this year, and I'd imagine most are well sick of racing at this point after a long summer, and just want a break. I agree it would be good to have some races available in August though, for those who would like to keep racing.

Advertisement