Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North Dublin - UPC broadband cutting out intermittently for at least 2 weeks

• 21-04-2015 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I live on the northside of Dublin and for at least the last 2 weeks almost every night shortly after midnight the broadband has been cutting out for variable time periods. I have UPC Horizon.

I can not understand this. We are paying for a service and the least the people expect in this area (and i'm sure others) is continuity and assurance of connection. I should not have to resort to Vodafone pay as you go when i'm paying UPC already.

It really is disgraceful that this is happening without so much as a heads up or letter explaining why.

I have not said anything until now but it's at the point where people are really getting annoyed.

I am talking about the D5, D9 area but no doubt there are others too.

It's just not acceptable. Is there anyone from UPC that can explain to us why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I live on the northside of Dublin and for at least the last 2 weeks almost every night shortly after midnight the broadband has been cutting out for variable time periods.

I can not understand this. We are paying for a service and the least the people expect in this area (and i'm sure others) is continuity and assurance of connection. I should not have to resort to Vodafone pay as you go when i'm paying UPC already.

It really is disgraceful that this is happening without so much as a heads up or letter explaining why.

I have not said anything until now but it's at the point where people are really getting annoyed.

It's just not acceptable. Is there anyone from UPC that can explain to us why this is happening?

I'm no huge fan of UPC but I live in D9 and I experience no outages. After 10pm I get a nice 200mb down. Samknows box monitoring it.

That being said between 2pm and 10pm its about 20mb down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

in d11 here , and sometimes i have to turn off wifi on phone and use my 4g as its quicker

i dont bother calling them as per usual some bs excuse etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

I think this is probably for the broadband forum but ive had the same recently but moreso the wifi suddenly sucked constantly. So i just purchased a belkin router from argos and plugged it into the upc ubee router and no drops and wifi is excellent(40-60MB).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

califano wrote: »
    I think this is probably for the broadband forum but ive had the same recently but moreso the wifi suddenly sucked constantly. So i just purchased a belkin router from argos and plugged it into the upc ubee router and no drops and wifi is excellent(40-60MB).

why would you spend money when its their issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I live on the northside of Dublin and for at least the last 2 weeks almost every night shortly after midnight the broadband has been cutting out for variable time periods. I have UPC Horizon.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've seen some issues with the service.

If you'd like to PM UPC: Reps with your account details we can take a closer look for you.

If you've any follow up questions feel free to visit us on our Talk To here: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭smurf22

Its not just the North Side, its happening here in D24 aswell, The connection just drops then doesn't come back up for another 10 mins, and its been like that the last 3 weeks at least and goes off during any time of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

why would you spend money when its their issue

Because their issued router is the best router they have and its not good enough. So any help they can give around this is limited and temporary. Buying a router just stops the frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

I'm in D7 and it used to happen every night to us, think we had 120mb download at best but it kept cutting out, endless phonecalls etc and nothing could get it sorted. got sky 10mb and hasn't cut out in over a year.

Advertisement