Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile - Sunday May 17th

Options
  • 21-04-2015 12:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last Years Thread
    Website
    Registration

The Terenure 5 mile will take place this year on Sunday 17th May at 11am.
    Formerly known as the “Dublin 5 Mile Classic”, 2015 will be the races 31st year.

The fast 2 lap course starts from Terenure College, Dublin 6w.

The race is run by the local Sportsworld Running Club and the 2015 race charity will be Fighting Blindness.

The entry fee is €20 (+€1.40 admin fee)
    • Free Technical Race T-Shirt
    • Free Professional Race Photo’s on Internet after race
    • Free Post Race Refreshments
    • Race Number with Chip Timing
    • Race Pacers for 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 minutes
    • Numerous Spot Prizes
    • One of the flattest course around
    • Athletics Association Ireland (AAI) Certified race
    • Changing facilities and showers on site
    • Ideal Mini Marathon Preparation and qualifying event
    • Cash and Spot prizes

Course:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Already in. Did this last year and was on the list again for this year. Really well organised and a fairly flat route. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Might do a FD and rock up without telling ye :D

Just watched the route 'that fcuking road is on it twice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, and then run 3 or 4 mins faster than your target!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

aquinn wrote: »
    Might do a FD and rock up without telling ye :D

Just watched the route 'that fcuking road is on it twice!

we already know you're going!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I'm in :) I may extend my get-out-of-the-house pass to a few birthday drinks after if any of ye above care to join me. Aquinn, sorry you won't be running so I know you won't make it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Looking forward to this, a little tester two weeks before CCM. There'll be about 50 of the Cru there on the day, I believe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll likely be standing on some corner preventing people taking shortcuts pointing people in the right direction and offering encouragement.

adrian522 wrote:
    I'll likely be standing on some corner preventing people taking shortcuts pointing people in the right direction and offering encouragement.

Great, and handing out dialyorite hopefully as just remembered I've a very sociable evening the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Great, and handing out dialyorite hopefully as just remembered I've a very sociable evening the night before.

Starting the sandbagging early, A! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Might do this myself. Enjoyed the Raheny 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

Am very tempted to do this, as the course looks a good one, but I'm due to play a round of golf on Saturday (most likely with at least 2-3 compulsory pints on 19th hole) and so I'd probably be wasting my €21.40 in entering.
    However, a fast, flat course like that could probably offset any tiredness in the legs, though I've found in the past that even a training run doesn't go too well the morning after a golf outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Signed up the other day. Went for my first run in about 7 months on Saturday.

I'm still sore.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm going to do this hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

I'm in. Gonna get those 7 seconds back if it kills me :D

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    I'm in :) I may extend my get-out-of-the-house pass to a few birthday drinks after if any of ye above care to join me. Aquinn, sorry you won't be running so I know you won't make it ;)

Drinks are off :(
    Granny is going on fecking holiday, the cheek and Himself is on a course. The race itself is looking hairy but I will be there :)

Drinks are off :(
    Granny is going on fecking holiday, the cheek and Himself is on a course. The race itself is looking hairy but I will be there :)

Ah no, the cheek indeed. A course on a Sunday too. That's race day!
    Maybe Adrian can mind the kids since I don't need the dialorite :D

Now why didn't I think of that?! Genius AQ ;) so selfless of you too....

Now why didn't I think of that?! Genius AQ ;) so selfless of you too....

I know, right. Adrian will be delighted to see this and more orders from me :eek:

How are your kids at marshalling? Or maybe pacing? I'm sure we could find something for them!

Ah no, the cheek indeed. A course on a Sunday too. That's race day!
    Maybe Adrian can mind the kids since I don't need the dialorite :D
    adrian522 wrote: »
    How are your kids at marshalling? Or maybe pacing? I'm sure we could find something for them!

They'll be *good* at minding the goodie bags ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I'm in. Planning not to repeat last year's fall only metres after the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Will be spectating for this. Mrs Mule is running it. Hope to see a few familiar faces around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

also in...looking forward to smashing my (very soft) 5 mile PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

I'm in first time doing this one so looking forward to it.

Registration and Number Collection info:

Friday 15th May 19.00 to 21.00 ( Registration, number collection and t-shirt collection) ** Sportsworld Bushy Park Terenure**

Saturday 16th May 10.00 to 15.00 ( Registration, number collection and t-shirt collection) *Sportsworld Bushy Park Terenure**

Sunday 17th May – Number and T-shirt collection, latest time to collect is 10.30 am in Terenure college ( Please do not park in Terenure College).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Is there anywhere nearby to park? I'm not running but thought I'd head down to give a bit of support.

I reckon if you are down early it should be ok to find somewhere, the streets around Bushy park usually have spaces but probably would fill up early.

EDIT: Official Line from the website:

We encourage our competitors to walk, cycle, use public transport or car pool.
    There will be limited parking in the grounds of Terenure College.
    Our Ladys school on Templeogue Road across the road from Terenure College (accessed through Bushy Park House) will be providing an overflow car park.
    On street parking is available in the surrounding roads and estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Where in bushy park ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Just realised you said where in..not where is :o keep following the registration signs

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    Where in bushy park ?

Registration? It's in the sports world clubhouse, beside the tennis courts. There are directions posted up, also if you search on Google maps you'll find it.

Advertisement