Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile - Sunday May 17th

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Updated parking info:
    As parking in the area is residential, please do not block any drive ways or entrance. There is NO PARKING permitted in Terenure college on the day of the race, we thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Our Lady’s School Terenure – We are happy to announce that there is limited parking in this school from 8.45, which is opposite Terenure college, just up from Bushy Park heading away from town. Please note that this is on a first come first served basis, and when full up alternative locations should be sought. As this school is right beside a residential area no parking in those areas should be made, as they operate a clamping regime, we thank you for your understanding.

Tesco Rathfarnham – We are happy to inform you that Tesco have agreed to allow participants in the race park in their car park. Please when you park there observe any rules that Tesco have implemented. The car park is a 10 min walk up the road from Terenure college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Mark C, Brendan O'Neill, Freddy, Mark K in that order.

Mary C looking very strong in the female.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Well done Sportsworld on a super race today. Flawless organisation. Great support out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Bungy Girl wrote:
    Well done Sportsworld on a super race today. Flawless organisation. Great support out there too.

Fully agree. A great race. Thanks to all organisers and volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Well done to all involved on top class organisation. Quick number and T-shirt collection and well fed and watered afterwards. It didn't seem to be as congested as last year either. As for my race, it went more or less as expected. A late call to go ahead of the 35 min pacers at the start, and I just ran my own race from there, as I hadn't really trained for this at all. Sure enough, they caught me just before the end of the long drag from KCR towards Templeogue, and I didn't try to keep with them. Chiptime of 35:44 wasn't too shabby all things considered (PB 34:08 in this race last year). Fair play to FBOT01 too, from whom I got three shout outs as I trundled around, top supporting M! Hopefully I'll be in shape to attack it properly next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Great event really nice course and great pacing options. Well Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Really enjoyed that and very well organised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Did meno finish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Did meno finish...

Yeah, but he was beaten to the line by some blind guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

davedanon wrote: »
    Yeah, but he was beaten to the line by some blind guy.

Check the results, I snuck ahead of him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Great event really nice course and great pacing options. Well Done.

Well done again on the PB, Mrs Mc!!!

Agree, really enjoyable event, very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Fantastic race, thanks Sportsworld! What was the story with the clutch bags full of make up tho? I got one but it seemed to be a bit random....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Fantastic race, thanks Sportsworld! What was the story with the clutch bags full of make up tho? I got one but it seemed to be a bit random....

I think they were random spot prizes? guy beside me got a digital camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

menoscemo wrote: »
    I think they were random spot prizes? guy beside me got a digital camera...

Ah mystery solved, thanks meno :) can't believe you pipped your partner :eek: shame on you ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Ah mystery solved, thanks meno :)can't believe you pipped your partner :eek: shame on you ;):p

+1 Is that not against the spirit of pacing Etiquette ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

Anyone know where to find out your time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

chabsey wrote: »
    Anyone know where to find out your time?

http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=2624

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Well done to all involved today, super race.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 benwed

great race and org.for those interested some good finish line footage on the terenure 5 mile facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

benwed wrote: »
    great race and org.for those interested some good finish line footage on the terenure 5 mile facebook page

They have the ~15 second footage for each finisher on the page where it gives the runner's details on precision timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ArgieExile

Adding congrats to the organisers of this one - Excellent race, great course, easy pick up, great spread afterwards - Can't fault a race organised by a local club - They know what runners want...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the very cool Onitsuka Tiger keyrings. Very detailed construction and real laces...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Belated thanks to Sportsworld for such a super day out:)
    I really, really enjoyed this last year but I wasn't in racing shape this year so I was delighted to be offered a slot as a 50 minute pacer:D We had a super bunch of fun people and the local support is so nice.
    Lindt choclates with the cup of tea after was the icing on the cake:D

Marthastew wrote: »
    I really, really enjoyed this last year but I wasn't in racing shape this year so I was delighted to be offered a slot as a 50 minute pacer:D We had a super bunch of fun people and the local support is so nice.

Agreed. Curmudgeon that I am, though, I found myself yearning for a hang sangwidge after a few too many biscuits, sweets and chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Hi Marthastew

I was running near you for the race. I must say you did a great job - very encouraging, very positive and happy.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The Officer

Pacing 5 minutes ahead of you and I could still hear you from where I was Doll ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 George Chinaglia

Like others I was really impressed with the organisation - in and out of registration in two minutes, the race went off on time and by the time I'd got my breath back and did a little cool down most of the cones and signs were back in and you'd never know they just had 1200 people or so running down those roads.

Oh and the t-shirt made a nice change. Not luminous green or manky yellow and a decent fit too.

Like others I was really impressed with the organisation - in and out of registration in two minutes, the race went off on time and by the time I'd got my breath back and did a little cool down most of the cones and signs were back in and you'd never know they just had 1200 people or so running down those roads.

Oh and the t-shirt made a nice change. Not luminous green or manky yellow and a decent fit too.

I agree with all of that, apart from the tee. I don't like red, and the collar is too tight for me. I don't much care about t-shirts though anyway, got dozens of the things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

davedanon wrote: »
    I agree with all of that, apart from the tee. I don't like red, and the collar is too tight for me. I don't much care about t-shirts though anyway, got dozens of the things.

Agreed, I found the collar tight as well. Don't mind red though. It's infra red I can't stand.

• Advertisement

chabsey wrote: »
    Agreed, I found the collar tight as well. Don't mind red though. It's infra red I can't stand.

An infra-red t-shirt would be way cool.

Advertisement