Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having a problem clicking the dropdown menu?

Options
  • 21-04-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having a problem clicking on the drop-down arrow beside your name? You know the arrow beside the notification/beside your name where you'd click if you wanted to go into "My threads"?

I keep clicking it but nothing drops down.
    I've tried several times now, did a browser restart and everything....this is only happening on this site.
    Anyone else having this issue?

PS: I can't click on any of the tabs above, such as "BIZ/EDU/GAMES/HOSTED/MUSIC", etc etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Empty the browser cache, ctrl + F5 manually if need be. The menus are in the process of changing.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057416973

I'd imagine there will be a few issues with the menus for the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, probably to do with the deployment of the new category layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Yeah, I'm having this problem too.

I was starting to think that some genius thought it would be a good idea to remove something so vital!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

To quote Dav:
    Dav wrote: »
    Hey all,

As we were getting ready to start pushing all this out, we realised that the existing menu was going to cause is some problems, so we've turned off the Javascript that controls it and manages it's drop-down functionality. I expect it'll be that way for the rest of the afternoon whilst we're making the category changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

It would be best if everyone reverted back to the old beta layout if anyone else is having these problems. Though it doesn't highlight if your subscriptions has added a new post, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ah i thought it was just me! i have done everything trying to get it to work feck....how long should we expect it to be down for?

for me boards is now completely unusable. so shall stay away until its back working! or has anyone got a decent workaround they could post here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ah i thought it was just me! i have done everything trying to get it to work feck....how long should we expect it to be down for?

for me boards is now completely unusable. so shall stay away until its back working! or has anyone got a decent workaround they could post here??

Type the forum you're looking for into the search bar.

i would but i just float about i never use the search bar! i dont even know the names of the forums lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This forum is hard to find without dropdown menus.

I suggest you make a global announcement. edit: specifically about the menus being offline.

It's really annoying

• Advertisement

took me an hour to find it! had to go throught my posts, i was lucky i posted in here before about something else! never would have found it!

oooh very shiny now to figure it out!!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As the new menus are now up and running, I'll close this rather than having a couple of threads open for the same thing. Further discussion can be found in this Feedback thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement