Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat stopped pooing in litter tray... where is she pooing?

• 21-04-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I hope you can help us out. We found our kitty in an alley behind my job. We eventually adopted her and it was clear that she was a pet before. She used the litter tray from day 1.

I was washing the litter tray about 10 days ago and got distracted waiting for it to dry and forgot to bring it in and set it up for her until the next morning (bad pet owner). Since then she has used the litter tray for wee but we done know where she's pooing. It's not in the house because you would smell it.

She's an indoor cat and she goes outside for about an hour at about dusk every evening so presumably she's doing it outside. I'm wondering whether we should try to encourage her to use the tray again and is it causing her any distress on account of me forgetting to set up her tray?

She is strange about going out in daylight since we moved house 6 months ago so the last few weeks have been strange for her especially since the clock changed so I was also wondering if the pooing was something to do with that.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

She may just prefer going outside to poop, we have 4 that will pee in litter tray, but prefer to poop outside, however they will go when they have no choice (we keep them in at night).
    The youngest is only going outside two weeks today, and she's stopped pooping in tray too now.
    I wouldn't worry too much, set up a second tray though, some cats can be funny about going in a used tray. I use a covered one in the corner of the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Thanks mymo.

Last night she laid a big steamy dump in the tray. I never thought I'd be happy to have to go turd fishing but I was relieved at least.

Thanks

Advertisement