Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouseover menus broken

Options
  • 21-04-2015 2:47pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Mouseover menus for "My Forums" plus all the ones along the top are broken. Nothing happens when you hover over them.

Repro'd on Chrome and Safari.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Same for myself on IE, Chrome and Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,637 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Drop downs not working on Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 and Firefox 37.0.2 for me either on windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Also on Firefox 37.0.2 on win7

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

oops, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't really understand how this kind of stuff happens on boards. There's absolutely no reason why a script on a live site needs to be deactivated while there's work being done on a development server or staging server.

- You get your enhancements right on the dev server
    - test it
    - move it to the staging server
    - test it
    - put it live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

smash wrote: »
    I don't really understand how this kind of stuff happens on boards. There's absolutely no reason why a script on a live site needs to be deactivated while there's work being done on a development server or staging server.

- You get your enhancements right on the dev server
    - test it
    - move it to the staging server
    - test it
    - put it live

Here's the problem. Forums need to be moved/renamed/created/managed manually via the admin control panel. This takes quite a bit of time. The menu is dynamically generated for every user on visiting the site. We didn't want the menu constantly changing throughout the day while we moved things around causing confusion. We decided it was easier to leave a static menu to the current categories in place, until we can roll out the final finished new menu.

It shouldn't really matter given that each forum has a unique ID. The naming is only an alias of the ID and as such it shouldn't cause much of an issue. Particularly for the 'My Forums' and user menu.

OSI wrote: »
    I stated "Particularly for the 'My Forums' and user menu." - This wouldn't be changing (as in items being moved). If anything, the handful of forums which are getting name changes would change... just once, and only for people who subscribe to those forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

It's all the same code.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement