Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Ark

Options
  • 21-04-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

I'm sure a few of you might have seen them outside the post office in Greystones looking for money. For those of you that don't know they are a complete scam. None of the money they collect goes to animals. I've been to the Gardai twice over them and they told me that I'm not the only one to have made a complaint and they are aware of their presence. They apparently have a permit to collect money to sell scratchcards but that's it. They're using the whole 'Animal' thing as a cover to exploit people's goodwill towards their love for animals.

The first time I saw them down there I asked where the money was going and they told me that it was to their animal shelter down in Wicklow. The only one down in Wicklow is the WSPCA and these guys have no affiliation to them. The woman I spoke with was very edgy, and didn't seem to know much about this so-called 'charity' she worked for. Instead she just forced this piece of paper which I guess was a permit into my face.

A quick google search will show they are doing this all over the country. Please don't give any more of your hard earned money to these crooks. Instead if you want to give money to an animal charity give directly to the big name ones like Dogs Trust, WSPCA, or Ash Animal Rescue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Can An Post not move them on or the security in The Meridian?

Can only imagine some poor old dear coming out with her pension to be faced by what they think is a reputable charity. My blood boils at that, not only for taking advantage of folk but for using animals to do so.

Well done on going to the gardai glenjamin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

I had the same conversation with , I assume, the lady in question, with the same response. This lady would appears to be from a section of society that one would not normally associate as being collectors for charities..:rolleyes:

At least you took it a step further than I did , well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Taltos wrote: »
    Can An Post not move them on or the security in The Meridian?

Was thinking that myself. No idea if the Meridian is council property or private. They've got some sort of license to sell on council property like the main street or whatever, but if it was privately owned I wonder if the management company there would refuse them permission if they were aware of what they're doing. Don't think it's anything to do with An Post as it's outside the post office not in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

The meridian is private property you need permission from them. I've seen the security remove people before

Advertisement