Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Tournament - Or "Who can beat Tar's OP priest deck"?

Options
  • 21-04-2015 2:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ok; so title aside Tar being the resident winner of the last (and only) tournament organized here it's time for everyone to get a chance for a rematch to heal their scared souls...

So I propose a new tournament for everyone to get a chance to try to bring Tar down; rules are simple:
    • You have to play Hearthstone on the EU server
    • You have to be registered to boards ('cause you'll be posting in this thread to sign up)
    • You have to make your best effort to be online in the evenings to play the games with your opponent. Failure to be online for a week means a default loss (unless posted in advance)

The second part is a tad more controversial but my proposal is to use a tweaked online tournament format; that means:
    • Qualifying rounds you have 3 classes that you need to announce in advance here on the forum. Once you've picked your classes you're not allowed to change the class.
    • Before the first duel both players pick one deck of choice to queue up with; if they win that deck is eliminated and you need to pick one of the other two decks for the next duel.
    • First to three wins (i.e. one win per deck is required) wins the duel
    • You are allowed to change the three decks between duels (i.e. you can't tweak your decks against a player while playing against said player)
    • All players will be split in X groups for a round robin duels (number of groups depending on interest; ideally around 5 to 6 per group). The winners of each group will do a second Round Robin and the final winner will be selected (or in case of a tie break out games)

I'll throw in some Basic Hearthstone key packs as a random price (i.e. I'll random the award among everyone who attends the tournament and plays at least one game; you can only use up to 10 packs per account) as the winner will have the honor of being the bestest of the best!

I'd expect total duration to be a month at most inc. the finals.

So; are there any interest for it?

Are you interested in participating in the Hearthstone tournament? 3 votes

Heck yes; I'm pulling Tar down from her throne!
    0% 0 votes
    Nope; Tar's deck is too mighty a challenge for my deck to conquer
    100% 3 votes
    Hearthstone? What's Hearthstone? And why am I not playing this awesome game yet?!
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sure who needs this when you have Triple Triad in Final Fantasy VIII? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nody wrote: »
    Ok; so title aside Tar being the resident winner of the last (and only) tournament organized here it's time for everyone to get a chance for a rematch to heal their scared souls...

So I propose a new tournament for everyone to get a chance to try to bring Tar down; rules are simple:
    • You have to play Hearthstone on the EU server
    • You have to be registered to boards ('cause you'll be posting in this thread to sign up)
    • You have to make your best effort to be online in the evenings to play the games with your opponent. Failure to be online for a week means a default loss (unless posted in advance)

The second part is a tad more controversial but my proposal is to use a tweaked online tournament format; that means:
    • Qualifying rounds you have 3 classes that you need to announce in advance here on the forum. Once you've picked your classes you're not allowed to change the class.
    • Before the first duel both players pick one deck of choice to queue up with; if they win that deck is eliminated and you need to pick one of the other two decks for the next duel.
    • First to three wins (i.e. one win per deck is required) wins the duel
    • You are allowed to change the three decks between duels (i.e. you can't tweak your decks against a player while playing against said player)
    • All players will be split in X groups for a round robin duels (number of groups depending on interest; ideally around 5 to 6 per group). The winners of each group will do a second Round Robin and the final winner will be selected (or in case of a tie break out games)

I'll throw in some Basic Hearthstone key packs as a random price (i.e. I'll random the award among everyone who attends the tournament and plays at least one game; you can only use up to 10 packs per account) as the winner will have the honor of being the bestest of the best!

I'd expect total duration to be a month at most inc. the finals.

So; are there any interest for it?

If you are going to enforce this, people will have to submit a deck list. This also makes changing your decks against different players problematic as it would require submitting a new deck list.....which is messy. I think this rule needs a bit more work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 uthterii

First to three wins (i.e. one win per deck is required) wins the duel
    You are allowed to change the three decks between duels (i.e. you can't tweak your decks against a player while playing against said player)
    All players will be split in X groups for a round robin duels (number of groups depending on interest; ideally around 5 to 6 per group). The winners of each group will do a second Round Robin and the final winner will be selected (or in case of a tie break out games)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I'd definitely be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lauras5839

I'd be interested, sounds like fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement