Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horn location?

• 21-04-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi. Could anybody point me in the direction of where the horn might be located in a 1996 Fiat Ducato 1.9TD? I've had a look but can't spot it, so it may be in a wing or somewhere. Before the smart answers telling me to blow the horn and listen - it isn't working.

As an aside, this hasn't stopped me passing 3 DOE's in 2 different centres but I want to fix it. A streaky wiper on the passenger side did stop me, but that's a rant for another day!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Niall_G wrote: »
    Hi. Could anybody point me in the direction of where the horn might be located in a 1996 Fiat Ducato 1.9TD? I've had a look but can't spot it, so it may be in a wing or somewhere. Before the smart answers telling me to blow the horn and listen - it isn't working.

As an aside, this hasn't stopped me passing 3 DOE's in 2 different centres but I want to fix it. A streaky wiper on the passenger side did stop me, but that's a rant for another day!

Thanks in advance.

Left wing but its easier to replace it with a new one somewhere more accessible than do anything with the old one. There's an earth at the bottom of the streting column that can stop it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Actually I'm thinking of the new van where is behind/under the left headlight. I think in the old one its lower down again behind the bumper. The horn contact is very primitive slip rings too as far as i remember so its worth starting at the wheel end with a multimeter.

Contact cleaner (isopropyl to be specific) down the horn wiring in the steering column and dry steering lock to lock worked for me.
    Did mine the other week. Funnily enough had to replace the horn too, both went at the same time. That gave me a good run around alright.

No amount of contact cleaner was going to fix this.

Shot_zpsn4pjqqhj.jpg

Wasn't bothered pulling my steering wheel off and replacing the slip ring assembly.

New%20Horn_zpseyk5csxy.jpg

Here's my new horn. :D

Advertisement