Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mikrotik router broadband cant log in via winbox

Options
  • 21-04-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

anyone possible help with t9is issue? I have a few antennae for a w/less LAN over approx 6 miles, weather damaged some of the equipment, have takenh the routers down to reconfigure, I can log in using user and password to three out of the four routerboards, but cannot access the ap unit with winbox....tyhe mac and ip show , soon as I hit connect, message immediately pops up "network unreachable" , winbox does not open, just that message.
    I don't know too much about this stuff, guy who set it up has left Ireland, so any help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Could have Winbox access disabled through the firewall on the AP.

Can you SSH onto the AP?
    If so, type 'ip firewall filter print'.
    This will display the firewall, look for any reference to port 8291.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Can you layer 2 in by mac address, instead of putting in the ip click the dots do it populates with the Mac address. Try all interfaces this way. If you can't it looks like your firewalled and may have to reset to get access.

I add a script to all mine that emails a backup of the config weekly, perfect for a time like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cf52

Many thanks for replying.
    I have no bother logging into a router used as station, the problem router is resisting all efforts to access . It is odd, especially as the same router can be accessed when it is on the pole in a shed 70 miles away outside Kilrush via Teamviewer, from up here in Moycullen! Pal of mine reckons Vista or 7 are bad when it comes to Winbox....dunno...I know that both aerials can't talk to each other as they are not configured to do so, but it is a bummer having had to take both down to see if there was something wrong....only to fing the station one is ok, the radio shows under Wireless, but I just cannot get into the ap router

Many thanks for writing....I can see the MAC address when I click the 4 dots, the PC is v slow to find the router, guess that's down to ip and dhcp, but it does pick up the router, all I get then is a message "network cannot be found" or words to this effect....

cf52 wrote: »
    Many thanks for writing....I can see the MAC address when I click the 4 dots, the PC is v slow to find the router, guess that's down to ip and dhcp, but it does pick up the router, all I get then is a message "network cannot be found" or words to this effect....

Try ssh or telnet to that mac address, mac address is layer 2

• Advertisement

no luck with putty

cf52 wrote: »
    no luck with putty

Have you tried all interfaces? If you can't get in on layer 2 you'll have to reset

am ok now thanks

Here's the backup script I use, you can use scheduler to call it monthly or whatever. You'll need to set the ip of your providers smtp server in tools/email and have a default route and DNS setup for lookup and the route out
    /export file=([/system identity get name] . "-" . \
    [:pick [/system clock get date] 7 11] . [:pick [/system clock get date] 0 3] . [:pick [/system clock get date] 4 6]); \
    /tool e-mail send to="[COLOR="Red"]youremail@yourmail.com[/COLOR]" subject=([/system identity get name] . " Backup " . \
    [/system clock get date]) file=([/system identity get name] . "-" . [:pick [/system clock get date] 7 11] . \
    [:pick [/system clock get date] 0 3] . [:pick [/system clock get date] 4 6] . ".rsc"); :delay 10; \
    /file rem [/file find name=([/system identity get name] . "-" . [:pick [/system clock get date] 7 11] . \
    [:pick [/system clock get date] 0 3] . [:pick [/system clock get date] 4 6] . ".rsc")]; \
    :log info ("System Backup emailed at " . [/sys cl get time] . " " . [/sys cl get date])

Many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement