Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another what is this?????

Options
  • 21-04-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Has anybody any idea what this is? It's all over my flower beds this spring:vbulletin5fjtL1q.jpgVgVw1CS%20target=_blank%3EVgVw1CS.jpg?1
    [IMGVgVw1CS.jpg?1 /IMG]
    Apologies for the poor quality pic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

red sean wrote: »
    Has anybody any idea what this is? It's all over my flower beds this spring:vbulletin5fjtL1q.jpgVgVw1CS%20target=_blank%3EVgVw1CS.jpg?1
    [IMGVgVw1CS.jpg?1 /IMG]
    Apologies for the poor quality pic

Hard to tell frm pics but looks like Hairy Bitter Cress. It's an annual weed that can be very invasive. Don't let it seed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Many thanks for the reply. It appears to be a kind of cress alright.
    Is there any permanent cure?

Many thanks for the reply. It appears to be a kind of cress alright.
    Is there any permanent cure?

Unfortunately not. You'll see it popping up in all kind of places. It's easy enough to kill so you could use an earth friendly weedkiller or just keep pulling or hoeing them. As I say, don't let it seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thanks again for your help, I think I have it all pulled out and hoed now. Bloody nightmare!
    It's all over flower beds I put in new this time last year at a house I have let. I havn't been back enough to look at the them as the tenants
    said they'd keep everything watered and weeded.
    It was topsoil I bought and spread last year on weedblock before planting the flowers and small shrubs.

Thanks again for your help, I think I have it all pulled out and hoed now. Bloody nightmare!
    It's all over flower beds I put in new this time last year at a house I have let. I havn't been back enough to look at the them as the tenants
    said they'd keep everything watered and weeded.
    It was topsoil I bought and spread last year on weedblock before planting the flowers and small shrubs.

No bother. I'd imagine it came in with the plants, as that's how it usually starts. 1 plant one year and 500 the next!

• Advertisement
Advertisement