Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh

Options
  • 21-04-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

hey :) .29 year old guy from Dublin Living just outside Edinburgh and working in the city for 3 years now and although I enjoy it here and have made friends through work , football etc, I am still interested in getting to know a few Irish over here .( miss the Irish banter)
    I moved over to be with my Scottish girlfriend so never really had to actively seek out ppl to get to know etc .
    So just wondering if there is any other Irish here or planning to move here , who would be interested in a meet up or whatever , pm me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hey kelledy a few threads down, a few posters were looking to form a pub quiz team might be worth a shot.

I'm training for the Edinburgh half in May and have an exam in the summer too but if theres anything being organised around then let me know.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Myself and Jack B. Badd moved to Edinburgh a few months ago, and we're both keen to meet more people round here. I wouldn't mind organising a few Edinburgh Beers meetups, especially now that the weather's improving and we can do something like sit in the Meadows with a barbecue and a few bottles or something like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Yea sounds good to me for sure , I mean I've settled in here well and would class it as home now but I have never really got to know any Irish here and i would like too.
    I'm slightly outside the city so am a bus ride away , one every half hour or so .

Please don't tell us you're in Livingston ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Unfortunately yes . Well mid calder , my other half is from here so renting here for now .
    Could be worse , at least there's a shopping centre :)

• Advertisement

Ah it's not the worst, I'm pretty sure everyone's experience is tarnished by getting lost on one of the dozen roundabouts!!

I tried to get to Deerpark GC once, couldnt find the main entrance, parked up in the adjacent estate and walked through with the clubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ah it's not the worst, I'm pretty sure everyone's experience is tarnished by getting lost on one of the dozen roundabouts!!

I tried to get to Deerpark GC once, couldnt find the main entrance, parked up in the adjacent estate and walked through with the clubs!

The golf clubs ? - The estate near Deerparg GC ? ? - A baseball bat would have been a more appropriate item to carry..... :D

Has anyone tried the salubrious pubs down in Bread Street (end of The Grassmarket just before Lothian Road) recently ? Is Bridie's still going strong ?

Long Gone wrote: »
    The golf clubs ? - The estate near Deerparg GC ? ? - A baseball bat would have been a more appropriate item to carry..... :D

Nah it seemed fancy enough, the estate was full of semi detached houses, I think it was named after golfers actually but i cant recall for sure.

Bread Street will soon be no more I reckon, Hilton have opened a massive hotel there and rumours have it they took the site on in agreement the Pubic Triangle trio get moved on. The Chanter can be a tad dodgy but no more than a usual weatherspoons/nicholsons really.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bread Street will soon be no more I reckon, Hilton have opened a massive hotel there and rumours have it they took the site on in agreement the Pubic Triangle trio get moved on.

Well I hope Hilton don't succeed - The last thing we need is another multinational foreign company coming in and trying to get all the colour out of the area and transforming it into just another bland, boring bit of same same urban landscape.

The pubic triangle - Isn't that a brilliant name for an area ? ! .:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement