Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing from IEC Question

Options
  • 21-04-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Guys quick question,i wondering about withdrawing from IEC i havent uploaded documents yet or sent payment,My question is if i with draw at the first stage does this mean i have precipitated in the iec,And have used up 1 out 3 precipitation?As i havent any of my documents ready and they need to be in by sunday,also i went into the Garda and my garda application hasent even been sent yet.Any info would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Precipitation = rain ;).

You've only participated when you receive your Port of Entry letter, after completing stage 2. So no, you haven't participated. But I'm not sure where you got this 1 of 3 idea? You can only participate in the IEC once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Guys quick question,i wondering about withdrawing from IEC i havent uploaded documents yet or sent payment,My question is if i with draw at the first stage does this mean i have precipitated in the iec,And have used up 1 out 3 precipitation?As i havent any of my documents ready and they need to be in by sunday,also i went into the Garda and my garda application hasent even been sent yet.Any info would be great

Why not just send the application in without the garda cert and attach a letter to say that you are waiting on the garda cert to arrive and will upload it once it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

One of my housemates (a disgusting creature) is here illegally- he got a POE bit for reasons best know to himself, came on a tourist visa and stayed ever since (approx 16months now). He has reapplied this year from Canada for an IEC visa...he never activated the last one, so does this mean he never "participated" as such?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

One of my housemates (a disgusting creature) is here illegally- he got a POE bit for reasons best know to himself, came on a tourist visa and stayed ever since (approx 16months now). He has reapplied this year from Canada for an IEC visa...he never activated the last one, so does this mean he never "participated" as such?

Once you get the Letter of Introduction, that is deemed to mean you have participated. However, prior to 2014, the IEC WHVs were for one year only and you were allowed more than one participation. So if his first (and only) IEC WHV was issued in 2013 or before then he would be allowed one more participation.

Advertisement