Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groundhog Day- The Musical

• 21-04-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭

Can't wait for this

Here is a one of the songs from it sung live by Tim

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I like Tim Minchin, love musicals and love the film Groundhog Day. \o/
    I can't picture it as a musical- or without Bill Murray as Phil, but it could be interesting. :)

I like the fact that the new artistic director of the old vic has a new ticketing scheme with reduced tickets for the previews of shows. I don't like people being priced out of the theatre, especially when you consider the cost of shows in London!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Weirdly I thought the lyrics to that were a bit amateur. And I love Tim Minchin. Can't judge a musical by a single song though, and will definitely be going to see it in 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

:eek: Must. See :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Posy wrote: »
    I like Tim Minchin, love musicals and love the film Groundhog Day. \o/
    I can't picture it as a musical- or without Bill Murray as Phil, but it could be interesting. :)

I like the fact that the new artistic director of the old vic has a new ticketing scheme with reduced tickets for the previews of shows. I don't like people being priced out of the theatre, especially when you consider the cost of shows in London!!
    Previews are always cheaper though? I saw Book of Mormon and Shrek in preview and the tickets were considerably cheaper than they would have been a week later after the official opening?

Tim Minchin proved his musical genius with Matilda, I'm not a huge fan of the film but I'd go to see it purely for his music.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, yeah, but I heard they are reducing some of the preview tickets down to about a tenner... so they're reduced reduced tickets if you get me! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Just saw it today - absolute nailed on for copious Tony and Olivier Awards in the near future
    Story works so well as a stage production - cast are brilliant (Andy Karl was made for this role) and Minchins lyrics are as always ridiculously clever
    Go ASAP folks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Oliver Awards 2017:
    Best New Musical - Tim Minchin (Groundhog Day)
    Best Actor in a Musical- Andy Karl (Groundhog Day)

Advertisement