Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming pc build for in or around €800

Options
  • 21-04-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hoping someone on here can help me out with a fairly standard setup for a first timer!! Been trying to read threads on doing it myself but it all seems a bit confusing! Already have a benq gl2460hm monitor so at least thats a start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

See build I've posted here. Any questions, ask away here

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Thanks that seems pretty much what im thinkin! If I was to add windows 8.1, keyboard and a mouse whereabouts do you think I'd be coming in pricewise?

Windows

Prices on that page, don't get the N version if you want Windows 10 Free Upgrade.

A middling keyboard mouse set if about 40-50 I suppose, I'd prefer to get them seperate like a €15 mouse €25 keyboard or something, but a bundle would be fine too I'd imagine. As I said in the other thread, drop the SSD if you need to save a bit, can always add one later

Sound lad you're some hero! Everything I needed!

Thanks Digital, to get under the €800 mark i made a few changes:

Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box - 184.99
    ASUS M5A78L-M LX3, Sockel AM3+, mATX - 45.14
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 - 59.99
    Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 mit Sichtfenster, ohne Netzteil - 59.90
    Thermaltake Berlin 630W - 55.11
    MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2G, 2GB GDDR5 - 219.99
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s - 57.23
    Crucial SSD 250GB BX100 - 95.07
    plus another 11.99 for shipping equals

im fairly happy with this as i got the ssd in as well

• Advertisement

That motherboard won't work with the CPU. Try MSI H81M P33 if you need a low budget motherboard. Get a single 8gb stick of ram if you for it.

Nanoxia is worth it for extra fiver, or antec one is €40.

Oh really?! Hmmm yea i think I'll just stick with you're original item list rather than trying to cut corners! What do u think this rigs capabilities would reach? Im hoping to play bf3 at 60fps! Also could u recommend a good blu ray player?

The 960 or 280X both play BF4 at 50fps+, with the 280X a little higher (like 3 frames), thats 1080p on Ultra

So they should both handle BF3 no issue.

I can't, but I wouldn't imagine there's a huge difference between your Samsung or LG etc, they're about 50-60 euro iirc

Well digital just returning to this, i kind of had to put that last build on hold but definitely have the financial go ahead this time around! I seen a recent build for €906 on a newer post! Just wondering would ya be willin to answer a few very basic questions?

Sneak wrote: »
    Well digital just returning to this, i kind of had to put that last build on hold but definitely have the financial go ahead this time around! I seen a recent build for €906 on a newer post! Just wondering would ya be willin to answer a few very basic questions?

Not sure what that's supposed to be, but yeah fire away with Qs

• Advertisement

Haha my euro symbol came up as that for some reason?! Meant to have said e906... Feckin phone!

Anyway.. If i wanted to connect to the Internet wirelessly would i need a separate part for that?

Also, would i need to buy a separate power lead that would go from the psu to the wall socket?

In terms of processors then I'm wondering to go for the intel i5 4690k or the xeon E3-1231v3.. Ive no interest in overclocking either.

Ah I get ya. Yeah you'd need a WiFi card/adapter or use a homeplug

The lead used is called a kettle lead, you get one with the PSU, most new TVs and monitors use the same one. Sometimes its an EU socket and sometimes its UK/IE from hwvs, but with the EU you can use an adapter anyways

Pure gaming build is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 george costanza is god

Just a quick note, don't know if anyone has mentioned it. PCPartPicker is an absolute must visit if you're building a PC. I've in the middle of doing mine right now. You probably won't buy from there, but it's a great site to put it together and it works well because it will actually discount parts in the search that aren't compatible with your selections. Have a look online there to see. PCPartPicker. Com

Also, you might be able to get a cheap Windows 7 key on reddit. There's a few genuine sellers on there. They sell key codes of old and broken laptops/pcs. Can't go wrong really. You can get them for as low as 20 quid. Also, you'll get a free windows 10 upgrade which is a no brainer.

No need in PC Part Picker when you know what's what :pac: Its a useful site though yeah, there isn't an EU version as fair as I'm aware?

Sound lad! Yeah it would primarily be for gaming!
    Trying to sell my ps4 before I invest! Practically giving it away on donedeal but no takers! Do you know a better way of selling it by any chance?

Make sure you mention you've got PT installed! You could try cex, take store credit and buy second hand components for a quick deal. You wouldn't get all you need but you would get hard drives, graphics cards and CPU at least

As for the processor, i5 4460 is plenty

Haha just as i say it ive agreed a deal!! Got 400 euro for it! I'll probably be back on this when I've my parts ordered! Thanks for your help much appreciated!

I went with the msi gtx 970 in the end with i5 4460! Msi z97 pc mate for the motherboard! The rest is fairly standard! Got a bequiet 500w psu? Think it should be enough!
    What u think digital?
    Overkill maybe?

Nah 500w is a nice spot to be at, no waste and leaves you upgrade room. That motherboard is around €85 iirc? Fairly good value for a Z97.

Best of luck with the machine Sneak, I hope you enjoy the investment

thanks for ur help digital, just one last question, do u have any links for a cheap windows 8.1?

• Advertisement

Got it all up and running anyway no problem. Downloading bf hardline at the moment! 37 gb!! Gonna take 40 hours it says! Gotta love rural broadband! Got a windows code off that lad but it says its blocked when i go to activate it. Is there any real benefit in activating it would u say?

You can only use it unactivated for 30 days. Message him asap and say the code didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

No need in PC Part Picker when you know what's what :pac: Its a useful site though yeah, there isn't an EU version as fair as I'm aware?

You can change the currency to Euro by switching your country to Germany. That should also update the shops to European ones. Of course it won't be much good to us here in Ireland, but then again, it's a great site for designing builds.

Advertisement