Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

charging ipad2 with regular plugin usb good or bad?

• 21-04-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a ipad2 but dont have a proper charger head for it.
    So until I can get my hands on a proper one can I use a regular usb wall charger.
    I have a ZTE ite power supply
    input: 100v-240v 50/60hz and 200ma
    output: 5.0v 700ma

from reading around, it looks like its ok to charge it with this phone charger...it will only be charged at a slower rate....

but i just want to make sure with the apple experts here first.....
    as this is my first apple product ever....
    and so far so good.. im happy with my purchase (second hand).... its for the mrs in reality but its a bit like homer simpson buying marge a bowling ball \o/ i get to play with it for a while longer.
    its easy enough to mess around with but only after finding out that ipad2 will not charge from computer win8 unless its asleep...thats a bit of a bummer.
    thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I charge my iPad pretty much exclusively with a wall charger I picked up off some Chinese website years ago.

You can charge the iPad from pretty much anything with a USB slot.. I even used my router once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

ok then thats settled, thanks mrcheez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

kupus wrote: »
    ok then thats settled, thanks mrcheez

It's all to do with time taken. It will charge even by pc use connection.

In terms of charge time:

PC USB connection - it'll take ages (.5 ah)
    Iphone plug - twice the amps (1 ah)
    iPad - double again (2.1ah)

Advertisement