Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Marathon 2016

Options
  • 21-04-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi
    Does anybody know when the registration opens for Barcelonas Marathon next year ?
    took part this year & realy want to go again next year ,
    Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

http://www.zurichmaratobarcelona.es/contacto.htm

Zurich Marató de Barcelona
    Gran Via 8-10, 6ª planta
    08902 'Hospitalet de Llobregat
    Barcelona (España)
    Fax: (+34) 93.422.10.96
    Tel: (+34) 902.43.17.63

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shay Neary

many thanks , il have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Butlerstown

Marathon opened in past hour

Hey Butlerstown
    Many thanks for that , i,ve just registered for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ecoenergy

Booked my flights this week at €144. It's a long way off yet but I can't help getting excited about it. I'm even googling bars in the area for post race pints. Is it too early to start checking the weather?:D Only 3 weeks to the start of my 18 week butchered P&D program.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Im goin to this aswell...looking forward to training and racing a marathon:)

Ecoenergy wrote: »
    Booked my flights this week at €144. It's a long way off yet but I can't help getting excited about it. I'm even googling bars in the area for post race pints. Is it too early to start checking the weather?:D Only 3 weeks to the start of my 18 week butchered P&D program.

just getting my stuff ready for The Dublin Marathon here , bit nervous , bit excited
    You,l love Barcelona , i didnt go wellin Dublin last year , my first Marathon , but it came together nicely in Barca , both these events are brilliantly supported ALL the way round the course , even for slower runners like me ,
    i did Belfast in May , just not in the same league ,
    best of luck with your training & enjoy the experience

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Im goin to this aswell...looking forward to training and racing a marathon:)

Its a great event & week end , you,l love it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

I am giving this serious consideration. Will be my third time running after 2012 and 13. Great marathon in a great city, and pints in the George Payne afterwards:)

Go for it , it was my second ever Marathon & i loved it , great route , fantastic support & atmosphere , id put it on a par with The Dublin Marathon , brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

ac20 wrote: »
    I am giving this serious consideration. Will be my third time running after 2012 and 13. Great marathon in a great city, and pints in the George Payne afterwards:)

Also considering this as my dcm plans were cut short by illness. Anyone who did this previously have recommendations for accommodation? Trying to work out how much funds will be needed to give it a go :)

Bookings.com is the way to go for accomadation but i.d recommend you do so sooner rather than later , a hotel room will set you back anything from E350 to E500 for the week end , depending on your budget , location & length of stay , apartments are also an option too
    you,d be looking for somewhere close to the city centre , for access to the start/finish
    best of luck with it
    there are hotels available on Ramblas BUT its a touristy area so a good nights sleep might be difficult , any where 1 to 2 km from the centre will do , just read the reviews etc before you book

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Did it this year.
    Fast course. Couple of boring out and backs.
    No real hills but the last couple of miles is an uphill drag from the port.
    Used these guys to get an apartment (with a lift :) ).
    http://www.friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/barcelona/accommodation-1.htm
    Worked out cheaper than hotel cos we stayed a few days.

i,d a 3 bed apartment booked , through Bookings.com , but due to change in plans , i cancelled & booked a hotel room instead , theres lots on offer at the min & yes , i loved Barcellona this year , helped get my mojo back

We've got an apartment near the start line which sleeps 4 and is €320 for 3 nights so €80 each is good value. One of the other lads booked it on booking.com
    With the flights at €140 and the race at €61, it's working out at a very reasonably priced marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dodgeyankle

Anyone know when registration closes for this? I've bin injured since Chicago marathon and ain't back training yet.. But am looking at doing this... Need to be sure I'm over injury first do so can't book yet..

http://www.zurichmaratobarcelona.es/eng/inscripciones_i.html

The numbered entered is currently at 6367 and the price doesn't go up until they hit 10,000. I don't think they close entries until sometime very close to the race itself. I entered and booked my flights and picked up an injury the very same day (4 weeks ago) but I'm still hopeful of being back on the road soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dodgeyankle

Thanks ecoenergy.. At least I won't be the only one struggling out there so.. :) Hope for a cool day. I thought Chicago would be cool, but it ended up 25degrees..

it was around 15 degrees on the day last year & with the wide streets , anytime it got too much , just drifted over into the shaded side of the street , also there was 2 timely placed "hose downs" as well , nervously looking foward to March 13th now ,
    enjoy

This is my first marathon abroad and I've never had so many injuries. I haven't been able to get any consistant training done so I've given up on a PB and just going to enjoy the weekend. I've been running 5 days in a row now without pain so fingers crossed. I've changed my target from 3.10 to 3.30. Hopefully I won't need to revise this again. 15 degrees doesn't sound too bad. Can't wait for the Apres Run beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 George Chinaglia

Does anyone who did this previously know what the dealie is with insurance? There's a form on the website but it doesn't say whether it's mandatory or not.

Does anyone who did this previously know what the dealie is with insurance? There's a form on the website but it doesn't say whether it's mandatory or not.

Personaly , i did,nt use their insurance , i have my own so its not required by me , International Travel Insurance has "sports" coverage in most policies ,
    i hope this is of some help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 26 George Chinaglia

Cheers Shay. I wouldn't be bothered with it so, was just wondering if it was a mandatory thing like Paris.

Does anybody know if there are any Pacers in the Paris Marathon 2018?

Advertisement