Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering stick parts soon - anyone want to split the cost?

Options
  • 21-04-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm getting a new JLF for my stick, was wondering if anyone wants to order with me so that we can split the cost of the delivery. There's a german shop (will find the URL soon) and http://www.focusattack.com/ , possibly other shops.

Anyone interested - let me know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

here's a UK arcade parts site, I've ordered off them loads and they're great. It was previously gremlinsolutions.com but I guess they changed their name.

On the subject, I've been wanting to pick up some silent sanwa parts but not sure if they're really worth it or do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

I was hoping to avoid UK shops, the pound is very strong right now and even ordering from Germany (where shipping costs are insane) is better than from UK.

Not sure about the silent sanwas myself, though I am interested as well, might just get the silencing foam for current buttons instead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Ramza wrote: »
    On the subject, I've been wanting to pick up some silent sanwa parts but not sure if they're really worth it or do a good job.

I got the silent stuff; did not like it. I took the joystick out after a couple days. I still have the buttons in one of my sticks but I plan to dismantle them and remove the soft inserts or whatever. Considering the cost involved it was all a big disappointment.

I switched over to the new Hori gear, the hayabusa and kuro buttons. Savage components altogether, I much prefer them to Sanwa parts.

DSHRjqzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ramza wrote: »
    here's a UK arcade parts site, I've ordered off them loads and they're great. It was previously gremlinsolutions.com but I guess they changed their name.

ArcadeShop.de (German site) don't stock the Sanwa silent parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I've been looking into getting some parts for a while, though it's be problematic (the ls-40-1 is out of stock at the mo);

One of these; http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ls-40-01-joystick-pcb-type-with-re-plate/
    4 of each of these; http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ps-15-low-profile-pushbutton-green-black/
    http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ps-15-low-profile-pushbutton-red-black/

Replacing all my parts yo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Never had hassle ordering from ArcadeWorld Uk. The price gets mad high shipping from the US.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I use silent buttons and I have to say I love them. They feel great when you press them, and they offer the slight advantage that you're opponent can't hear you teching :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Scratch that then Simon! It's a no from me

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Desosaurusx

I would Recommend SmallCab its a french website. I've purchased pcb's buttons and cases from them in the past and the shipping has never been more then 15 euro. Also ArcadeWorldUK.

I got my ps360+ from small cab actually, totally forgot about them hah.

So is it me and Voa at the moment? I'll check the prices and shipping later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

Hey all. I have a tournament edition Mad Catz stick that's seen better days. I've never modded or replaced any parts so I'm just looking for some advice here. The stick is really loose, and returns to neutral way slow. Should I replace the whole stick with a SANWA JLF-TM-8T BALL TOP JOYSTICK ..or is it a simple adjustment, like a new spring? Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

daltronica wrote: »
    Hey all. I have a tournament edition Mad Catz stick that's seen better days. I've never modded or replaced any parts so I'm just looking for some advice here. The stick is really loose, and returns to neutral way slow. Should I replace the whole stick with a SANWA JLF-TM-8T BALL TOP JOYSTICK ..or is it a simple adjustment, like a new spring? Thanks guys.

The springs gets weak after a while. Could also be the lube. Keep an eye out for silicone grease. The ones they sell in the arcade parts shops is expensive, but any silicone grease will do. Guy in the auto parts place near me said silicone grease is getting phased out due to regulations, so you might have to get shinetsu stuff from the shops. Someone might have some though and could give you a squeeze.

New spring costs $1-2, Paradise Arcade Shop and FocusAttack sell them in different strengths (standard is 1lb tension).

Could be a case of needing some lube though (I still haven't bought any, should really order some soon).

If you're getting a new joystick, buy the one with a flat plate attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    New spring costs $1-2, Paradise Arcade Shop and FocusAttack sell them in different strengths (standard is 1lb tension).

Could be a case of needing some lube though (I still haven't bought any, should really order some soon).

If you're getting a new joystick, buy the one with a flat plate attached.

Is the flat plate important or just optional? Might just go with the spring. Thanks guys.

Is the flat plate important or just optional? Might just go with the spring. Thanks guys.

Important; the joystick needs it to attach to the control panel, and the screws holding it in are wee feckers that strip as soon as you look at 'em, so using an old plate isn't an option.

Sooooo...ordering soon?

I guess it's just the 2 of us then!

Which seller do you want to buy from? Could you send me the link to the items? I'll add it all + my stuff and see how much it will cost.

*cough*
    Voa wrote: »
    I've been looking into getting some parts for a while, though it's be problematic (the ls-40-1 is out of stock at the mo);

One of these; http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ls-40-01-joystick-pcb-type-with-re-plate/
    4 of each of these; http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ps-15-low-profile-pushbutton-green-black/
    http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ps-15-low-profile-pushbutton-red-black/

Replacing all my parts yo :pac:

:pac:

Woops :v I'll sort it out today :D

EDIT: Pricey ;_;

tIllZ2a.png

Such is our hobby :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement