Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer shutting down

Options
  • 21-04-2015 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Had an issue today as my screen froze and the computer shut down. Everytime I tried to restart it would power up but automatically power down after couple of seconds. I'm not an expert and my mate who built mine last year is in Australia now!

The best I could do was open it up and give it a clean. It was very dusty. I checked all the cables and parts and made sure they were secure. I then tried it again and got in to startup repair which ran for an hour. It's now seems to be back in action.

Just wondering if it's fixed now or could the underlying problem still be there?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

One possibility is the PC is over heating with the warm weather and poor ventilation. By that I mean is it in a corner under and desk, with not much fresh air. If this proves to be the case, then getting a cpu cooler like this would help.

Or it could be a nasty collection of malware has infected your machine, and if its that bad then a back up and re-install maybe in order.

Advertisement