Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with onedrive

Options
  • 21-04-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

i am getting a new phone the samsung galaxy s6 sometime and i have uploaded all my photos, videos and music already on onedrive. I downloaded this app on my phone at the moment.

I was wondering could someone tell me how i can upload everything i saved onto my new samsung galaxy s6?

Do i need a usb cable or what the fastest way and not to complicated?

Thanks

Florintina

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

So you're trying to get all your info from older phone (what is the older phone?) to the S6, in the quickest way possible, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 florintina89

Bandit0 wrote: »
    So you're trying to get all your info from older phone (what is the older phone?) to the S6, in the quickest way possible, yes?

Hi yes that is what i am looking to do. I have the samsung galaxy s5 now and i downloaded the app one drive and have uploaded all my photos, music and videos on it and its saved to that.
    I was wondering how do i get them from one drive onto my new phone?

Or do i just download the app onto my new phone to?

Ok so why use One drive?

why not try something ultimately simpler like Smart Switch.
    http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/smartswitch/

If you don't have to use One Drive then this is one of the best was to achieve what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ok so why use One drive?

why not try something ultimately simpler like Smart Switch.
    http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/smartswitch/

If you don't have to use One Drive then this is one of the best was to achieve what you want.

I'd recommend using smart switch too. It's a brilliant app. When you get your s6 it should prompt you to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi yes that is what i am looking to do. I have the samsung galaxy s5 now and i downloaded the app one drive and have uploaded all my photos, music and videos on it and its saved to that.
    I was wondering how do i get them from one drive onto my new phone?

Or do i just download the app onto my new phone to?

In the OneDrive app you can select all of the items of a folder and hit the Save button (it's the down arrow over a line)

Otherwise as you suggest you could plug your phone into your PC and drag the files to the phone or SD card from One drive in Windows Explorer

You definitely want them physically on the phone as well as in OneDrive?

• Advertisement

thanks very much for this. Reason i was using one drive cause someone told me about it and since i have a hotmail email address this why used it.

I will download this app you told me about.So when i get my new phone how will i get everything in to it? Do i download app again onto new phone? There is no SD card with new phone be first time for me having a phone that dont have it.

I'd recommend using smart switch too. It's a brilliant app. When you get your s6 it should prompt you to use it.

Thank you i think going download this alright sounds very good. Hope easy send all over new phone.

long_b wrote: »
    In the OneDrive app you can select all of the items of a folder and hit the Save button (it's the down arrow over a line)

Otherwise as you suggest you could plug your phone into your PC and drag the files to the phone or SD card from One drive in Windows Explorer

You definitely want them physically on the phone as well as in OneDrive?

Hi thanks for this. This first time i dont have a SD card with phone so take me while get use it. So if i downloaf this app on new phone is there easy way get everything on to it. Never used USB with laptop before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thank you i think going download this alright sounds very good. Hope easy send all over new phone.

It's a brilliant app. I used it when changing to the s6. It copied over everything in a couple of minutes without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Hi, sort of on topic.

I just got the s6 yesterday - anyone able tell ne how I get the 115 Gb of Onedrive storage?

The app shows me as having only 30 GB

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Taxedalot wrote: »
    Hi, sort of on topic.

I just got the s6 yesterday - anyone able tell ne how I get the 115 Gb of Onedrive storage?

The app shows me as having only 30 GB

Thanks,

I think you'll have to talk to your carrier, if it doesn't come pre-installed it should be down to them.
    Apart from that, I'd ask Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Make sure one drive is set to upload at full resolution. By default it only backs up compressed versions of images, so lesser quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

I think you'll have to talk to your carrier, if it doesn't come pre-installed it should be down to them.
    Apart from that, I'd ask Samsung.

Thanks

Advertisement