Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brickies and stonemasons work in canada

• 21-04-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

so where would you advise a bricklayer to go work? from what i see the wages are higher in toronto than in vancouver. like about ten dollars an hour more on average. i was thinking of going to vancouver but not too sure now , it seems to buckets of rain too so feck that. worked in new york for a few years so i know what to expect with bitter winters but maybe a bit bitter in toronto.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 innocentirish

When are you heading mate?I'm going out with an Irish company in six weeks myself.
    Fairly sure it's best money to be made is in Vancouver for construction

• Registered Users Posts: 3 africando

I want to immigrate to Canada but have been told that I need a job offer before applying because it helps quite a bit in terms of points under express entry. I have a few friends who have tried finding work in Canada but have not had success even though they put a lot of work into the process. Is getting a job in Canada even a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 myrabelgretch

africando wrote: »
    I want to immigrate to Canada but have been told that I need a job offer before applying because it helps quite a bit in terms of points under express entry. I have a few friends who have tried finding work in Canada but have not had success even though they put a lot of work into the process. Is getting a job in Canada even a possibility?

could be Africando.. You need to do a bit of research to check things like the number of jobs in each field and teh job prospects in each area. Look to the Canadian job bank jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng. Another site worth looking at is jobsaloon.com. They allow you to check job prospects for international workers in different areas. and maybe if you can find a job thats the way to immigrate so easily..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

africando wrote: »

Do you have a qualification that's in demand in Canada?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement