Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private ambulance casual work

Options
  • 21-04-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

How's things all. I'm due to finish up my EMT course in the summer and I see that a good few of the private ambulances regularly are looking for casual EMT's. Just wondering does anyone know if this amounts to 2 jobs a year or regular enough? Just curious about how often you get a shout for work.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

mojopin10 wrote: »
    How's things all. I'm due to finish up my EMT course in the summer and I see that a good few of the private ambulances regularly are looking for casual EMT's. Just wondering does anyone know if this amounts to 2 jobs a year or regular enough? Just curious about how often you get a shout for work.

Cheers

Hours wise think it depends on the company really very hard to find work as an EMT with privates one large company does seem to be looking a lot for casual EMTs but the require you to have you're non emergency driving done which is another €6-700 a lot of money for causal work and a lot of the other company's want you to be living fairly close to them

Have you got a C1 driving licence? If you do there is a lot of rumours floating around that the national ambulance service will be recruiting a new panel of ICOs in the near future mite be an option
    Anyway good look with the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

sjb25 wrote: »
    Hours wise think it depends on the company really very hard to find work as an EMT with privates one large company does seem to be looking a lot for casual EMTs but the require you to have you're non emergency driving done which is another €6-700 a lot of money for causal work and a lot of the other company's want you to be living fairly close to them

Have you got a C1 driving licence? If you do there is a lot of rumours floating around that the national ambulance service will be recruiting a new panel of ICOs in the near future mite be an option
    Anyway good look with the exams

Cheers for the reply. Don't have the C1 yetI'm in the fire service retained and we do week on/week off so casual would only suit for the week off that's why I was wondering if anyone knew how the privates worked. Again thanks for the feedback appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do you have a C for the fire appliance? Because that covers you for a C1 vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

flazio wrote: »
    Do you have a C for the fire appliance? Because that covers you for a C1 vehicle.

No just a standard driving license at the minute I'm doing the EMT to go on and do EFR instructor for the brigade haven't done anything regarding driving license upgrade

Advertisement