Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre Watergrasshill

Options
  • 22-04-2015 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi my area was shaded for an efibre coming soon was really looking forward to it when they removed it off the map they did loads of work new lines fixing units and everything has the work stopped or what i would love to have efibre as my current broadband is rubbish 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rpeglar wrote: »
    hi my area was shaded for an efibre coming soon was really looking forward to it when they removed it off the map they did loads of work new lines fixing units and everything has the work stopped or what i would love to have efibre as my current broadband is rubbish 

Hi rpeglar

I would like to assure you that plans to bring efibre to Watergrasshill have not been abandoned although A new indication of launch date is in consideration following delays. Dates may unfortunately need to be changed from time to time however a new timeframe should be available on the map in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rpeglar

Thanks Alan hopefully it wont be to long 

Thanks Alan hopefully it wont be to long 
    No worries rpeglar

Let me know if you have any queries in future :)

Al

hi alan sorry to bother you but is evision delivered through cable or satelite 

hi alan sorry to bother you but is evision delivered through cable or satelite 
    Hi rpeglar

evision is delivered through your efibre broadband. More details including features and equipment can be found here: https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Again new date is july 2015 not to bad could be better though so really looking forward to that going from 500kb to 70-100mbs will be a big change 

Thanks Again new date is july 2015 not to bad could be better though so really looking forward to that going from 500kb to 70-100mbs will be a big change 
    No worries rpeglar - yes I agree it's a big improvement, if you have any queries in July please let me know

Cheers
    Al

Hi alan how far can efibre go from the exchange i went on fibrerollout website and it said im 3.8km from the exchange will i be able to recieve it i have the new lines 

Hi alan how far can efibre go from the exchange i went on fibrerollout website and it said im 3.8km from the exchange will i be able to recieve it i have the new lines 
    Hi rpeglar

A line must be no further than a 2KM distance to the qualify for efibre. Even at 2Km speed will be deterioted by the distance and ultimately the download speed depends on distance to the cabinet - up to 100Mb being close to the cabinet and 1.8 to 2Km resulting in up to 10 to 15Mb.

Thanks
    Al

Oh great why did the waist there time putting new lines in when I will probably get the same speeds I'm getting now that's really upsetting was really looking forward to that so all hope is lost for efibre for me thanks anyway alan

• Advertisement

Oh great why did the waist there time putting new lines in when I will probably get the same speeds I'm getting now that's really upsetting was really looking forward to that so all hope is lost for efibre for me thanks anyway alan
    No worries rpeglar

I'm very sorry I can't offer you better news

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement