Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect BIC format

Options
  • 22-04-2015 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have looked up a BIC number for a UK bank and I have tried to use that number in an online transfer.  The system says that it there is an error in the BIC line.  The number is NWBKGB2156G (Originally 60-00-01). Can you tell me what might be wrong with this number as any searching that I do brings me to the correct bank.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi davidod1

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We've checked the BIC and it's advising it's not connected here

We'd suggest contacting the UK Bank and ask if they can provide an alternative BIC to allow you to transfer to them.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

Hi davidod1

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We've checked the BIC and it's advising it's not connected here

We'd suggest contacting the UK Bank and ask if they can provide an alternative BIC to allow you to transfer to them.

Thanks
    Alison
    Thanks for the reply Alison.  I did get that BIC on their site.  I'll contact them as you suggest.  Dave

Advertisement