Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Digital Meter- How to Tell?

Options
  • 22-04-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. I think I have a problem with my Digital Energy Meter (manuf. 2007) (Not Day-Night tariff) . My bill was way over twice higher than usual (I'm sure it wasn't underestimated before).

My question is should this RED LED on the meter still be blinking if the main switch of the apartment is completely off (I mean no usage in apartment at all). Another thing is the display is sometimes flickering and is faded.

What else can I do to test the meter myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi nikadi,

Thank you for your message.

The light on the meter should not be flashing if everything is turned off. It may be an internal fault with the wiring and this would need to be ruled out before we could send out a technician as there may be a charge on your next bill should there be no fault with the meter.

You may need your own electrical contractor to check this as we can only correct faults with the meter or the external wiring. If there is still a fault after your own electrical contractor has checked the property, we can arrange a call out for you. Just send us a private message with your name, phone number, account number and address. You would also need to confirm that you are the account holder.

In relation to the display unit being faded and flickering, we would suggest that you contact ESB Networks. They work for all electricity suppliers. If you have any safety concerns, we would suggest you ring them immediately on 1850 372 999. Otherwise, you can call them on 1850 372 757 or contact them on [URL="https://twitter.com/esbnetworks"]Twitter[/URL]. Unfortunately, they are not available on Boards.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nikadi

Thanks for reply. I'm waiting for my electrician to check the wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi nikadi,

You are very welcome. Thank you for getting back to us.

Do let us know if you require assistance.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement