Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Trading As” – Company and Business Names

Options
  • 22-04-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm starting up a business this month and would like the possibility be able to trade under two different names. The work is similar but aimed at two very different markets, is this possible? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its no problem at all as long as you register them!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

ok thanks so register both with the CRO I take it.

I'm going through the Tax TR1 form and sec A4 (state trading as) has one space to fill out, not too sure what to fill in here, my name or either of the company names??

cheers

Not sure if you can register them on the one form I registered names at separate times. Depending on whether it you are register as a sole trader, partnership or vody corproate you use a RNB1, RBN1A or RBN1B from CRO.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

its more the tax registration I'm wondering about as a sole trader with two companies. Do you just fill out the TR1 form as joeblogs and send it in with one of your company names? cheers

Ring the Revenue just to notify them and then file it with both names on I've always found them incredibly helpful when I have had to call them. As long as you pay the tax due they'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

spiderdan wrote: »
    its more the tax registration I'm wondering about as a sole trader with two companies. Do you just fill out the TR1 form as joeblogs and send it in with one of your company names? cheers

Spider, you need to read up on the CRO website the difference between a sole trade and a company, that is where you are getting confused. From what you've written I suspect you do not have 'companies', you have two business names and there is one entity, which is you - Dan Spider t/a Name 1 and Dan Spider t/a Name 2.

Advertisement