Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Leg Tracksuit Bottoms

Options
  • 22-04-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Well, I'm really not too sure where to post this ... but maybe somebody can help me out. My Mum is recovering from a broken leg, and will need to wear a brace for a while. The brace is reasonably bulky as it has some metal at the sides, similar to this one here:

http://www.betterbraces.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/o/donjoy-trom-advance-post-operative-brace.jpg

Of course, the problem is that none of her trousers will go down over the brace. Does anybody have any suggestions/ideas/thoughts on what kind of tracksuit bottoms she can get that might be able to cover the brace ? I was hoping to get some with buttons/zips up the side, but they seem to be difficult enough to get now. And a lot of tracksuit bottoms seem to be the woven skin tight type ones now rather than looser fittings.

She'll not be too bothered about how it looks ... well ... as long as it's not turquoise green with yellow polkadots ... she's really just looking for something functional.

Anybody able to help me out at all and point me in the right direction ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If she got fitted tracksuit bottoms, would she be able to wear the brace over them?

Canterbury usually do looser fitting tracksuit bottoms with zips alsmot up to the top of the leg

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Kappa does the ones with poppers up the leg but these are a 90's thing, not sure where they could be bought now.
    Canterbury is probably the most easily purchased. The zips go up to the pockets.
    There is a brand called samurai which are very similar to Canterbury’s and are cheaper, except I'm not sure where would stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

I guess by fitted ones you mean the skin-tight ones, right ? Good idea, although I suspect she might have difficulty putting them on as she doesn't have full mobility back in her leg yet (eg bending down to put them on etc).

I'll check out the Canterbury ones though

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Just found this

http://www.rugbyfactoryshop.co.uk/acatalog/canterbury_bottoms_and_trousers.html

Seems to be exactly what I want. Anybody know where's the best place to get them ? I already called Elverys and Lifestyle sports, but they never mentioned having any Canterburys

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

JD sports have them, link to store finder.
    http://www.jdsports.ie/location-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I had a broken leg last year and lived in stretchy leggings (they fitted over the cast), tracksuit bottoms from Dunnes (I got a size bigger than usual but even my normal size was baggy enough on the leg) and men's shorts from Penneys (purely because they were longer than the women's ones). I wouldn't go getting anything expensive because she'll probably never want to look at them again after she's healed. She could always try wear a longer fitting dress or skirt if the weather gets nicer. Hope she feels better soon!

Advertisement