Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing one person from the mortgage

Options
  • 22-04-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

HI,

I got a mortgage from TSB 8 years ago and myself my wife and my sister. were added to the mortgage.

The reason my sister was added at the time is because i was a contractor and they wanted further assurance.
    My wife is a homemaker.

MY sister lived with us and was paying me rent. But she moved out 2 years ago and I am comfortably paying the mortgage. I have never been in arrears.

I now want to take my sister off the mortgage. and she is happy enough to do so as well. besically she will be getting married and will eventually want to get her own house.

Is it a difficult process to get her removed from mortgage?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The question really relies on whether your sister is on the documents as a co-purchaser or a guarantor.

If it's the latter it really comes down to the bank. I've heard in most cases that they banks are insisting people basically reapply for a new mortgage. If your property isn't in negative equity and you can well afford the repayments, this shouldn't be an issue, it's just a headache.

However, if she's a co-purchaser, you will have to get a whole new mortgage and new title deeds, etc.

Advertisement