Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insomnia Howth

• 22-04-2015 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

There is a new Insomnia cafe up in Howth. Its located in the old el paso building.
    I went past it today, and it was absolutely hoping. Its brilliant that insomnia are expanding, with cafes in Sutton and now Howth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Already a thread on it in Dublin City. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056485831

Might pop down later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There is a new Insomnia cafe up in Howth. Its located in the old el paso building.
    I went past it today, and it was absolutely hoping. Its brilliant that insomnia are expanding, with cafes in Sutton and now Howth.

Any idea on how late they open?

Currently they are opening until 6-6.30ish until they figure out more permanent opening hours.

Looks like a nice relaxing spot out the front today due to the sun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tricky D wrote: »
    Currently they are opening until 6-6.30ish until they figure out more permanent opening hours.

Looks like a nice relaxing spot out the front today due to the sun.

Hopefully they'll end up opening later especially during the summer it would be a lovely spot to have a coffee and just browse for an hour or two

I wouldn't be surprised if go flexible hours during sunny days. The stretch can be up to 10pm on plenty of evenings. I just hope they don't eat into Il Panorama's business. They open until well late and would be my preference over Insomnia any day.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if go flexible hours during sunny days. The stretch can be up to 10pm on plenty of evenings. I just hope they don't eat into Il Panorama's business. They open until well late and would be my preference over Insomnia any day.

Where is il panorama?

It's towards the east end of the promenade, below the abbey ruins and opposite the car park south of the yacht club. http://www.ilpanoramacafe.com/

Tiny place with a few seats outside, and great food and coffee. Catches the summer's evening sun well. Space-time coords: 53°23'15.81"N 6° 3'59.52"W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Thread revival here :rolleyes:. The Insomnia is now Soulless and rarely carries the full stock of cakes and sandwiches. The owner is grumpy and on one occasion asked us to move as the "Irish Speaking Group" were due in and they had a regular table :D. I wont be back, there is plenty of choice with "real coffee" in Bodega in Howth Market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thread revival here :rolleyes:. The Insomnia is now Soulless and rarely carries the full stock of cakes and sandwiches. The owner is grumpy and on one occasion asked us to move as the "Irish Speaking Group" were due in and they had a regular table :D. I wont be back, there is plenty of choice with "real coffee" in Bodega in Howth Market.

You are so right! Never go there now. If you go in there after 3.30 pm you are made feel unwelcome as you interfere with their closing down process.

Also stopped going to Starbucks Howth over the dirt of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I thought the prices in general would well should put people off... Extortionate pricing and fleecing goes quite well.

Don't get the appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

Why not make your own coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Il Panorama is my favourite in Howth for a coffee and sometimes a bite to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    Why not make your own coffee?

Hardly an appropriate response. Every time we have a poor experience with a meal, beverage, clothes, other purchases etc..should we then ask ourselves that question??

If someone even only goes for coffee once a year as a rare treat, they should be able to have a good experience as a minimum expectation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Inquitus wrote: »
    Il Panorama is my favourite in Howth for a coffee and sometimes a bite to eat.

Great coffee and sandwiches but I believe the original owners have sold up. They still own the one in Portmarnock to my knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Great coffee and sandwiches but I believe the original owners have sold up. They still own the one in Portmarnock to my knowledge.

Great Pizza in the Portmarnock one.

Advertisement