Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions on what to do for my birthday

Options
  • 22-04-2015 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Right folks,

Its my birthday tomorrow and I've taken a half day from work. I've 4 1/2 hours before I've to pick the kid up from crèche and the wife up form work.

I kind of want to do something a bit different/mad for my birthday afternoon, I looked at sky dives but cost and time means its not something I can do.

I'm based in Dublin and so I leave it to you good folk of After Hours

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Go on the Viking Splash Tour maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Go around harassing people on O'Connells street for spare change or cigarettes, seems to be the thing to do nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Go on a mad killing spree, it's okay because it's your birthday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Mass and a carvery lunch afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Happy Birthday:) Drive a Porsche at Mondello:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Such a beautiful day warrants a trip to the cinema. Air con, pop corn and a large, I say a large coke. Then into the bathroom for a birthday fap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Pick up the kid from the creche, and go do something like the zoo. Text your wife, to say you won't be picking her up, and let her know what you want for dinner. *

*Maybe too much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

crazyderk if you truely were crazy you would just do the first random thing that came to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I second the zoo idea...if you tell them it's your birthday when going in you get in for free and get to feed the lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I second the zoo idea...if you tell them it's your birthday when going in you get in for free and get to feed the lions.

Ha, you do not get to feed the Lions!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ha, you do not get to feed the Lions!

You do. Due to the high turnover of staff not many of them know about it but if you ask for the manager he will arrange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Get Locked

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Go to a hotel and destroy yourself with alcohol. Pretend you are in a zoo and start feeding strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Start a "why didnt i plan something to do my birthday yesterday besides go on boards" thread and see the reaction it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I just heard this exists on another thread - http://adventurerooms.ie/

For a cheap alternative, lock your self i a room with a small window and throw the key out said window; let teh adventure begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

hookers and blow.

Only acceptable answer in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I just heard this exists on another thread - http://adventurerooms.ie/

For a cheap alternative, lock your self i a room with a small window and throw the key out said window; let teh adventure begin!

my head hurts after that website

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

my head hurts after that website

Change a few words around and it's essentially Saw 8
    A fun, unique and engaging live escape challenge for teams of 2 to 6 people.
    An ideal outing for Family, Friends, Company Team Building events or Tourists.
    We also offer a "duel" option where two teams go head to head. Our "Duel" game can accommodate up to 10 players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Call out to mine if you want, having a bit of a party. It might get a bit wild but plenty of fun. There will be drinking, a lot of drinking! But it'll be fine. There probably will be SOME drugs. OK there will be quite a lot of drugs... but it'll be fine. Probably be some sex. Things can get a bit wild sometimes at these... but yeah it'll be fine. There could be some fighting. Probably will be fighting! You know how it is... but it'll be fine.

Don't bother wearing anything fancy or anything. It'll be just the two of us. See ya tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get hammered in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I suggest we move this thread to Dublin City.
    Their charter now applies:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056816998

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement