Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for non compliant house

Options
  • 22-04-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am currently sale agreed on a house that was repossessed by the bank. I have the deposit paid. The house is fully finished bar the treatment system been installed, all the piping ect is in place just to put in the unit. I was expecting to buy the house and put in the system but I didn't realize that the fact it wasn't already fitted, the house is not compliant with planning conditions as the planning has since ran out. Will the bank refuse my mortgage when this information is disclosed to them. I have no problem in applying for planning for the treatment system but I'm not sure how this works as I am not the legal owner. I am sure with the amount of repossessed houses for sale since the crash this is a common issue. I am panicking at the minute and would really appreciate any advice

Advertisement