Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ]@Ktec telescope

Options
  • 22-04-2015 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello Ktech,

I've tried to post in your section but failed...

Can I ask you if your shop is doing training sessions, one-to-one for "how-to" use your telescope ? Of course, chargeable...

I would love to get one of your staff member down here and assist me in setting up my baby, show me different ways and options, give me best advise on what I have, what I need and what I will "like" to buy.

Any luck !??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 40 Verified rep Ktec: Stephen

Hi,

We dont offer a service as such, as we are online only, but depending on where you are, I can drop out and show you whats what, or you can come to me :)

What scope do you currently have? And what accessories do you have.

More importantly, what is that you wish to do with it all? Observing, Planetary imaging, deep sky imaging etc

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi Stephen

Thanks for reply.

I would like ,if possible, so that you can call over and we can have a chat abut it.
    I can't list all the equipment here as I have been told I need to walk before I fly... :)

Also, I may need to buy few more Celestron X-Cel eye pieces and a 5x Barlow.

If you are happy, I can PM my contact details and take it from there.

Regards

Hi,

Yep, you can drop me a pm, and perhaps over the weekend, we can sort something out :)

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, will do !

In mean time...can you quote me a zoom module /adapter for a Celestron C8-SGT (XLT) the one that holds safely the DSLR in the eye piece and allows you the fine movement of the camera and holds/pin the zoom selected ,please !?

Also, can you quote me for a Barlow 5x and "best" eye piece for Celestron, please ?

Thanks.

Hi Rolion,

Do you have a link to the first part you require, is it a Celestron part?

Regarding the 5x barlow, this will really only be useful with certain cameras with a C8. What camera are you planning on using?

3x is about the normal useful range of the C8 for imaging, and even then, reports are that its quite tight to focus properly, but as above, a lot depends on the pixel size of the camera you plan to use.

Eyepieces... honestly, its such a competitive market out there, that usually, the best is the dearest! Personally, I like the Skywatcher Planetary 58° -
    www.ktectelescopes.ie/Skywatcher-Planetary-58-UWA-1-25-Eyepiece-Range.html

And also the Dual Fit SWA Range - www.ktectelescopes.ie/Skywatcher-SWA-70-Dual-Fit-Eyepiece-Range.html

Many customers like the Baader Hyperions, I havent used them much yet - www.ktectelescopes.ie/Baader-Hyperion-Eyepiece-Range.html

Ill send you a PM :)

Stephen.

• Advertisement

Thanks Stephen,

Read more about the x5 and I have to say you're right, spot on...thanks.

1.Looking to get a zoom eyepiece made by Baader ?
    2.Maybe 1-2 better Barlow and a better star diagonal ?
    3.Can you check if my telescope needs some "collimation" repair / fix, please ? Is that "easy" for you ?

Looking forward to meet you.

Regards

Hi,

Ill run you through some options when I call out tomorrow.

What you will need depends on what you want to do with it :)

Ill check collimation and all that for you, and show you how to polar align.

Stephen.

Hi Stephen,

Just to say a big "Thank You" for your assistance, help and not lastly... lots of patience at 1:30AM !

I guess is good to have somebody here, locally that can take calls, help you and give you good "sales" advise as well.

Talk to you soon...as now I know who to call if I need help.

Regards

Hi Rolion,

No problem at all. Its much easier to show some of the things rather than try to explain it over the phone! Especially Polar Alignment!

I still want that scope off you for a full check, as its still not correctly collimated! :)

Stephen.

Advertisement