Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre cap Explained

Options
  • 22-04-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Eircom,

I was talking to one of your engineer in regards to the bandwidth you are providing at my place. I had broadband for a while until efibre became available. So it was installed last week and the speed was similar comparing to the previous speed (12MB). Until I talked to support. After 45 minutes of troubleshooting, the speed went up to 14.5 MB.

The engineer mentioned that he would not be able to give me a higher Downstream as my profile was locked based on the current Upstream…

The question:

-          Can you clarify how is the allocation of users bandwidth is calculated? I was told by your support that profiles can be increase by an increment of 2MB based on the Upstream…

Also, below is the Attainable Net Data Rate (gathered from the Eircom's modem logs):     
    Upstream: 2.806 Mbps      
    Downstream: 36.980 Mbps

I am seriously regretting getting efibre because we are now paying an extra 15 euro per month for 2MB extra.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Alzone wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

I was talking to one of your engineer in regards to the bandwidth you are providing at my place. I had broadband for a while until efibre became available. So it was installed last week and the speed was similar comparing to the previous speed (12MB). Until I talked to support. After 45 minutes of troubleshooting, the speed went up to 14.5 MB.

The engineer mentioned that he would not be able to give me a higher Downstream as my profile was locked based on the current Upstream…

The question:

-          Can you clarify how is the allocation of users bandwidth is calculated? I was told by your support that profiles can be increase by an increment of 2MB based on the Upstream…

Also, below is the Attainable Net Data Rate (gathered from the Eircom's modem logs):     

I am seriously regretting getting efibre because we are now paying an extra 15 euro per month for 2MB extra.

Thanks,
    Hi Alzone

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will run a number of tests and look in to this further,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Alzone

Hi Eircom,

The question:

Thanks,
    Hi Alzone

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will run a number of tests and look in to this further,

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you, PM sent.

Hi Eircom,

The question:

Thanks,
    Hi Alzone

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you, PM sent.
    Thanks for the PM Alzone

I have requested clarification on this and as soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Thank you Al. Please let me know when you have an update.

Thanks.

Thank you Al. Please let me know when you have an update.

Thanks.
    I will indeed Alzone - I should have something today

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Any news on that matter?

Thanks!

Hi Alan,

Any news on that matter?

Thanks!
    Hi Alzone

My sincerest apologies for these delays, I am still awaiting clarification from our technical support department. I will push for an update ASAP and get back to you once I have more information

Thanks
    Al

Any news? :)

Advertisement