Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo IT Or NUI Maynooth HDip in IT? Comparison

Options
  • 22-04-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into going back to college to study computing. I was looking at two courses, my choices are down to location and expenses, etc

My issue is, how does this course compare to the NUI Maynooth Hdip in IT?

I know at first glance you will probably say NUIM is better as it is full time, taught. Whereas Sligo is online. However, if we compare the course content and structure are they similar? Would my employment prospects be roughly the same from both or would they be significantly better if I took the NUIM course?

If I take the NUIM course, my travel expenses and cost of living will be much more, so from my current point of view, Sligo is more affordable. However, I don't want to take the easy option now only to find in the future that if I had made some additional sacrifices, I would have been better off in Maynooth.

Alternatively, I don't want to bump up my costs significantly if there is no big difference between the courses.

Has anyone else looked into either or both of these courses?

By the way, my primary degree is in arts, Spanish (NUIG)

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement