Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

My iPhone 6 Plus is Bent

• 22-04-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed my iPhone 6 Plus is bent. It must have happened in my pocket. I had an official Apple case on it as well. Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Vote Yes for Equality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I've just noticed my iPhone 6 Plus is bent. It must have happened in my pocket. I had an official Apple case on it as well. Is there anything I can do?

I wouldn't imagine so. It's usually classed as accidental damage and most companies wouldn't cover it in the warranty. Could always give Apple a call to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

plain and simple, it's accidental damage and Apple are under no obligation to repair / replace for free.
    Your looking at a full out of warranty fee for that.

Do you have gadget insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

plain and simple, it's accidental damage and Apple are under no obligation to repair / replace for free.
    Your looking at a full out of warranty fee for that.

Do you have gadget insurance?

I really think it would be be worth a call to Apple as this is one of those issues that the media tried to hype at launch so Apple might just do something about it.
    Think it's worth the call as the worse they will say is no.

Would really doubt Gadget Insurance or the like would cover it as I've heard lots of bad stories about getting claims paid from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

This happened to me recently with my iPhone 6.

I spoke to an Apple representative via live chat. I explained that the phone had a bend in it. They asked me a few questions about how I use the phone. They told me I could either drop it into one of their approved retailers or they would send a DHL package out for me to return it to their repair centre in the UK. I chose the latter.

I received the DHL shipping pouch on Tuesday, sent it on Wednesday, it arrived in the UK on Thursday. By Thursday evening they had diagnosed my phone and sent a replacement phone, which I had in my hands on Monday.

Excellent service.

So in short yes there is plenty you can do. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ifritzero

just pretend that you have one of the state of the art curved screen

Advertisement