Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Lessons on itunes

Options
  • 22-04-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I've recently started learning learning Spanish using Babbel. I use the website but since I travel a lot (buses, planes etc.) I use the app most of the time.

For the moment I'm happy to learn like this as I'm a beginner. When I get a bit better I plan on doing language exchanges online or even chat with Spanish friends online. Also want to do a 2 week intensive course in Spain later in year.

Babbel is really good as it's interactive but I can't use it for that reason in a lot of situations (driving, walking etc.). I was wondering if anyone can recommend a learning tool available on itunes or something similar that is not interactive (apart from repeating phrases)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Synergy Spanish or Michel Thomas spanish might be good for you, it builds vocabulary pretty good

H

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Heathen wrote: »
    Synergy Spanish or Michel Thomas spanish might be good for you, it builds vocabulary pretty good

H

Thanks I downloaded the preview and Intro course audiobooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm using Michel Thomas at the moment for Spanish and I'm finding it really good. I listen to it while driving to and from work and use other tools like Duolingo app to keep the learning going. What I like about the Michel Thomas audio course is that you are speaking Spanish straight away in the course and building up more and more useful sentences in the language.

Best of luck
    jimmurt wrote: »
    Thanks I downloaded the preview and Intro course audiobooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sauserd

I used the Paul Noble courses on iTunes, they are quite good and not super expensive. There is an app called brainscape which is excellent, it is about 20 euro but well worth it. I moved to Peru last year and started intensive spanish lessons and between both these things I had a good enough base so that it wasn't very overwhelming the first week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

sauserd wrote: »
    I used the Paul Noble courses on iTunes, they are quite good and not super expensive. There is an app called brainscape which is excellent, it is about 20 euro but well worth it. I moved to Peru last year and started intensive spanish lessons and between both these things I had a good enough base so that it wasn't very overwhelming the first week or so.

Cool thanks for the info. How long did you do the intensive lessons in Peru and why did you pick Peru?

I'm trying to learn as much as possible on my own and then do a 2 month course in Spain at end of year.

Have to admit, I'm finding it tough to motivate myself at times. I had planned to do a week super intensive course to get me going in July but cannot due to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I've recently started learning learning Spanish using Babbel. I use the website but since I travel a lot (buses, planes etc.) I use the app most of the time.

For the moment I'm happy to learn like this as I'm a beginner. When I get a bit better I plan on doing language exchanges online or even chat with Spanish friends online. Also want to do a 2 week intensive course in Spain later in year.

Babbel is really good as it's interactive but I can't use it for that reason in a lot of situations (driving, walking etc.). I was wondering if anyone can recommend a learning tool available on itunes or something similar that is not interactive (apart from repeating phrases)?

If you're interested in learning via a podcast, then I would try coffee break spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Have to admit, I'm finding it tough to motivate myself at times.

Tell me about it man!! I go hell for leather some weeks and learn loads, and then drift away from it for a few weeks and end up having to learn it all over again... i am trying to pluck up the courage to use "wespeke" and the likes to have actual conversations but i am afraid that i won't understand a word the person is saying...

Kinda wish a had a spanish mate that i could sit and have a pint with and just chat without the pressure

H

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sauserd

Cool thanks for the info. How long did you do the intensive lessons in Peru and why did you pick Peru?

I'm trying to learn as much as possible on my own and then do a 2 month course in Spain at end of year.

Have to admit, I'm finding it tough to motivate myself at times. I had planned to do a week super intensive course to get me going in July but cannot due to work.

If you are doing a 2 month course you'll learn loads. We moved here because of my husbands job. They don't speak with the lispey accent in Peru so for me it's much easier to understand and to speak although I still can't roll the r's!
    There was a guy from America in my class for a few weeks, he had learned all his spanish up until that point online and he was really good. The school I studied was El Sol, I think he did the online course through them so it might be worth checking out their website as an option if you are limited with work commitments. elsol.idiomasperu.com/online-course (I can't post links).
    There is also an online audio website that the teachers recommended to me, to be honest I didn't use it that much but it might be useful for you radialistas.net
    If there is anything you are struggling with and can't figure out let me know and I will try to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Another great place to learn is via lightspeedspanish.co.uk

I have started using them recently and find them really good. Loads of free videos on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCItcQIzzVfhAg4sKJ5iCTPw starting from beginner all the way up to advanced.

I bought the helpsheets that go along with the free youtube videos and I must say they are well worth it.

I also use studyblue.com which is basically online flashcard site. I put in all the verbs I am learning and each day run over them to keep them fresh in my memory. They have a very good smartphone app as well for on the go learning.

Buena Suerte

Advertisement