Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Big comeback win for England the last days, buys them a little bit of breathing space ahead of the summer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Big comeback win for England the last days, buys them a little bit of breathing space ahead of the summer

As Joe Root has said, can't let it paper over the cracks. Lots of hard work to be done or I fear a rout for India in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Scotland, an Associate nation, kicking England's Arse. Shows what a disgusting decision it was to shrink the World Cup, not grow it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Go on Scotland, won by 6 runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ireland Netherlands T20 match online anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

callaway92 wrote: »

Tomorrow's game is being streamed here https://www.livebroadcast.nl/cricket/tickets/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

callaway92 wrote: »

Can't answer that - but we lost by 4 runs. Not good enough.

YM's Simi Singh came in at 55-6 with 11.2 overs gone and scored 57* in the remaining 8.4 overs. He is on fire at the moment.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18625/scorecard/1142501/netherlands-vs-ireland-1st-match-netherlands-tri-nation-t20i-series-2018/

He also took 3 wickets. Great to see him doing well, I was afraid after his first few games that he'd join the list of quickly dropped players

Good win for England against the Aussies, made hard work of a small chase but Root and Morgan batted well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The only Aussie bowler I'd even heard of before was Agar, and like most people only really know him for his test match 99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

its nice to see a respected cricketer put a bit of perspective on the whole thing (kumar i'm tallkng about). and broad's slightly alleging is just sad....

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/11403535/ponting-we-move-on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭kksaints

That's disappointing, India away is a tougher debut than we had though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,559 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

England going nuts here. 294/1 from 33 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

KevIRL wrote: »
    England going nuts here. 294/1 from 33 overs

Bairstow out now, it looked like 500 might've been on for a while there, should still be a record 450+.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Anjobe wrote: »
    Bairstow out now, it looked like 500 might've been on for a while there, should still be a record 450+.
    54 wanted off 27 deliveries for the 500.

Great entertainment! Justin Langer's face was hilarious just now!

Too much slogging and England lose two in two! 460/5 with 14 balls to go.

bit of an anti climax in the end :eek:

Are we heading for 960 runs in one day?

Aegir wrote: »
    bit of an anti climax in the end :eek:

Are we heading for 960 runs in one day?

Aussies had started very well in the run chase.

turned into one of those games where one side could do no wrong and the other could do no right.

who to drop for Stokes though, that is the question.

Personally, I would leave Stokes out. Why change a winning side

• Advertisement

that is one helluva catch from Roy and Overton

Porterfield got a double ton in the interpros

That's for the general ireland news thread :P

I presume that they ground out the draw after their dismal first innings?

Squatter wrote: »
    I presume that they ground out the draw after their dismal first innings?

Yep 80 & 460-9 v 273

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Aegir wrote: »
    turned into one of those games where one side could do no wrong and the other could do no right.

who to drop for Stokes though, that is the question.

Personally, I would leave Stokes out. Why change a winning side

They will drop Willey or Plunkett. They will still be called up though to ensure Yorkshire can't utilise either. I would have said a spinner would go but they will look at the excellent results of the spinners in this series and think that will do for India, when in reality the Indians will relish playing spin.

That is the mindset of the ECB in a paragraph.

The final ODI has turned in to a nail biter

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Arrived in Manchester this morning to find the Aussies were scoring at 10 an over in the 6th with no wickets down.

Got to the ground and the 4th wicket was just about to go down quickly followed by the 5th and 6th

They recovered to 205 all out and I thought given the way the Aussie openers had played it must be a ready made pitch for Bairstow, Roy and Hayles. Well Hayles did stick around a short while but with Root, Morgan and indeed Hayles succumbing it looked like Moeen and Buttler would need to pull something out of the bag.

Butter obliged in style. Everyone was wondering why Curran and Plunkett had gone in ahead if Rashid. At least when Adil did arrive at the crease he acted as the perfect counterparty to Buttler until he got himself out within sight of victory

Ball came in and managed to see off quite a few of his namesakes as Buttler hit the winning runs

Considering it was looking seriously anticlimatical for so long and the scoring was so low I rate that as one of if not the best ODIs I've seen, certainly in person

Beasty wrote: »
    Arrived in Manchester this morning to find the Aussies were scoring at 10 an over in the 6th with no wickets down.

Got to the ground and the 4th wicket was just about to go down quickly followed by the 5th and 6th

They recovered to 205 all out and I thought given the way the Aussie openers had played it must be a ready made pitch for Bairstow, Roy and Hayles. Well Hayles did stick around a short while but with Root, Morgan and indeed Hayles succumbing it looked like Moeen and Buttler would need to pull something out of the bag.

Butter obliged in style. Everyone was wondering why Curran and Plunkett had gone in ahead if Rashid. At least when Adil did arrive at the crease he acted as the perfect counterparty to Buttler until he got himself out within sight of victory

Ball came in and managed to see off quite a few of his namesakes as Buttler hit the winning runs

Considering it was looking seriously anticlimatical for so long and the scoring was so low I rate that as one of if not the best ODIs I've seen, certainly in person

it looked like a pretty rocking atmosphere at the end as well. I particularly liked the applause Ball was getting for simply surviving each ball he faced:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

From tonight on Freesports - Sky 422, Freesat 252,
    8:50 pm LIVE Global T20

Montreal v Winnipeg

Coverage of the inaugural Global Twenty20 cricket tournament being hosted by Toronto. The tournament sees the return of Steve Smith and David Warner, along with other stars of the game.

Advertisement