Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

1121122123124125127»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Plenty of the doing it, but as mentioned above Josh Little is 25, he's getting battered in a slogging competition which includes semi professionals and semi retired players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mel Jones, Nasser & Atherton rightly criticising all the delay tactics by Sri Lanka.

Bowlers spending an absolute and absurd age running in and warming up when it’s their turn to bowl , multiple visits by medical personnel due to knocks and niggles, why aren’t the players leaving the field and the 12th man coming on ? Ridiculous ! They’ve asked the umpires to put the ball through the rings several times, when it goes through, still standing around arguing with the umpires. Their over rate as demonstrated is pathetic as a result.

You can only presume with weather forecasted and light an issue that they are just trying to waste time. A backwards attitude.

And now they are 2 wickets down having scored 1 run 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭MFPM

Mathews and Mendis putting up some good resistance and while SL lead by 51 with 6 wickets in hand, this match is only going in one direction weather permitting.

Edit: I spoke too soon! Mathews gone.

82 in front, 6 down. Got to day 4 I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Early days but England look to have found a good one in Jamie Smith. Rob Key's simple motto of stats are for prats and instead picking on attributes and temperament working again.

• Advertisement

It's just a pick Surrey players system. No one else gets a look in

Bangladesh making good progress replying to Pakistans 1st innings 448/6dec. They are 389/6 at lunch on day 4, Mushfiqur Rahim 101*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

SL going nicely enough. 7th wicket stand nearing 80 and the lead is over 130 with 4 wickets left. 200 lead is feasible. New ball about 5 overs away though.

gladly, hopefully the lead gets to 200+ and there is a bit of a competitive chase.

I was thinking it might have ended in a damp squib an English team chasing 140….

two giveaway English wickets 😳 door slightly ajar for SL….

why are batsman when chasing a modest total trying to play switch hits / reverse sweeps..?

Edit : 3 giveaways, Lawrence lbw, never moved his feet

• Advertisement

England got home by 5 wickets, quick question, why were they playing until 7:15, should have called stumps and tomorrow could have been rained off. Don't get that they kept going

I’d say the umpires did all they could to keep facilitating play and I’d be on their side on this occasion.

Lots of time wasting by the Sri Lankans…. PPE issues, pads, boots, helmets being adjusted, coming on and off the field , injuries ….if the ball disappeared to the fence the Sri Lankans wanted the umpire to put it through the measuring rings, on one occasion the ball was a handful of overs old.

Im guessing they were allowed to play late because of the numbers of overs lost…. Chris Gaffaney and Paul Reiffel did well. I even recall one of the times the ball was again thrown to Reiffel to check, he gives it a cursory feel and look and throws it back…. without using the rings….basically saying.. ‘ fûck off its grand, play ‘… 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think once there is significant time lost (Friday morning was a write-off wasn't it) then they can add an extra hour to subsequent days, light permitting.

A lot better contest than everyone expected. Sri Lanka look far stronger than the West Indies did. They look a genuine threat. Top order was blown twice and they still made a good game of it. It needed a high class innings by Root to get England home. He's definitely changed his approach this summer, far less gung ho. He playing like someone with Sachin's record in his sights.

Making up for overs lost to rain. Said on commentary they could play until 8pm which was very optimistic.

Advertisement